Curiosity Question about Leaving the Dubs

by ESTEE 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

When you left (by disfellowshipping, disassociation, or a slow fade) did you still keep all the old beliefs you had in the borg?

Which ones did you keep, if any?

Which ones did you shed, if any?

Love,

ESTEE

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

The one for me that was the hardest to get rid of was the fear of going into another church. I had to to attend AA. I got over that fear on my first visit. Didn't get struck by lightening or nutin! I was, however, embarrased that I couldn't recite the Lord's Prayer....

I don't think I've kept any. Gawd, I hope not.

• Gill
    Gill

I seem to be hanging on to the hope that we will see dead loved ones again. I don't at the moment know if that's just hope, a feeling , or a definite belief. After three years it's one of the few that is hanging on. I still think we have a creator. Not much else really.

• Funchback
    Funchback

I shed the belief and fear of demons.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I retain the belief concerning taking care of family and the golden rule. And that women have the neck of gazelles.

That's it, that's the list.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

I kept pretty much all the beleifs and practices from the org, I just choose to apply them in a different manner.

for instance, I used to blindly rejecting apostate literature I now blindly reject the watchtower and awake

I used to preach "whole souled unto Jehovah" now I pass out demo tapes and flyers with the same furvor

I used to fear the time of the end, now I fear I might be getting too old to be an aspiring musician

I used to go to 5 meeting a week. Now I practice 5 times a week.

Used to wake up my neighbors or Saturday mornings, now I keep them up Friday nights

Still constantly ask myself if I'm doing "enough", still drink as much as any JW (no perscriptions though), still treat people who doubt my dreams as "agents of Satan", still don't eat blood (though I would gladly accept a transfusion if needed), still follow the 10 commandments, still love my neighbor, still dress nice and act politely.

Still maintain to everyone I meet that they should be "no part of the org just as I am no part of the Org."

• Gill
    Gill

what_truth? Wow! I'm impressed!

• Raphael
    Raphael

Interesting posts...

I still wont eat blood or rather anything that has blood added i.e black pudding etc.

Still believe that it's wrong to go to war ...so choose to be a pacifist, however, think I understand the just war theory put forward by some christians.

Deffinatelty believe that Jesus is the messiah...no doubt there..to much evidence in support of his existence, both secular and spiritual...

Keeping an open mind about the rest.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

BrendaCloutier wrote:

going into another church. I had to to attend AA. I got over that fear on my first visit. Didn't get struck by lightening or nutin! I was, however, embarrased that I couldn't recite the Lord's Prayer.... I don't think I've kept any. Gawd, I hope not.

I remember thinking as I went into another church, ?what if Armageddon comes today?? Sheesh! The dubs have set us up to fail! Anyone leaving has been set up to fail -- unless they leave behind the old unhealthy beliefs. And I mean really leave them -- really and forever behind.

Gill wrote:

see dead loved ones again. I still think we have a creator. Not much else really.

What about the possibility of reincarnation?

Funchback wrote:

belief and fear of demons

Fear-based beliefs of the dubs. Definitely a big one. I faced that fear by taking a course in natural healing that the dubs believe to be demonic. mwahahaha!!!

confusedjw wrote:

retain the belief concerning taking care of family and the golden rule. And that women have the neck of gazelles.

Awwwww ? confusedjw ? that?s nice. Women are graceful, and it?s nice when men see and acknowledge that.

What_truth wrote:

I kept pretty much all the beleifs and practices from the org, I just choose to apply them in a different manner ... Used to wake up my neighbors or Saturday mornings, now I keep them up Friday nights

I love your sense of humor! Oh, the sweet irony!!!

Raphael wrote:

wont eat blood or rather anything that has blood added ? Still believe that it's wrong to go to war ...so choose to be a pacifist ? deffinatelty believe that Jesus is the messiah...no doubt there

I too, am a peaceful person, desiring to give energy to peace rather than war.

Thank you all for your input ? Everyone! It helps me to see the importance of changing our belief system, otherwise we are set up to fail. Actually, the way I look at it, is if we still believe what the dubs believe, we might as well go back to the borg.

Where is that scripture found that says when we sweep out our house clean of demunzTM, we better not leave it empty, else demunzTM will come in again. That?s why I think it is important to radically change our beliefs. Otherwise, our self-imposed demonic beliefs we learned in the borg will never let go of our minds and we set ourselves up to fail.
    I?d rather see us all succeed in a BIG way!!! Success and happiness are the very best revenge!!!

Love

ESTEE

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Even before I started studying with the Jehovah's Witlesses, I never cared for the holidays much. Mainly because my asshole dad always threw a four year old temper tantrum around Christmas for God knows what reason. In other words, Christmas was always more of a pain in the arse than anything else. I didn't miss it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit