Curiosity Question about Leaving the Dubs

by ESTEE 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

When I decided to stop going to meetings, I did so not because I had a problem with any of the teachings but because I could not cope, I became ill and basically got to a point where I could no longer do all that was expected of me and remain sane.

At that point I moved 250 miles away, my reasoning at the time was to give my body and mind time to rest and recuperate, away from the pressures and strains of JW. Life. This is of course completely against the advice of the watchtower which stresses that you shouldn?t even have a holiday without going to the local meeting.

Anyway the break did me no-end of good, each passing month allowing me to shed increasing amounts of fear, prejudice and misplaced trust. I no longer believe the witnesses have all the truth.

I have basically reached the point now where I feel I can start asking myself, what do I believe? There however is the problem how do you do this with all the baggage that will be carried over from your JW past?

• Jalula
    Jalula

Oh boy! It was sooo hard for me to read any other literature or a different Bible at first. I thought I was asking for Satan himself to enter my life. Then I starting reading different versions and other literature. The questions they raised in my mind caused me to search for the answers. And the answer wasn't JWs. It was CHRIST JESUS!

After that, the biggest fear was going to another church. I haven't found one I regularly visit, but I did go to a Baptist church several times. Wow, was that weird. I felt so scared the first time and completely out of place. But nothing happened and I wasn't "possessed". So that actually helped me get over my fear.

Then it was hard to believe ALL of the Bible was written for me, not just parts and other parts to the "anointed".

Holidays are still a difficult one for me. Smaller arguments such as the cross or torture stake, etc. Those things are still unanswered for me at this moment.

Christ IN me was the revelation I now understand and live by. Before, as a JW, I was TRYING to be what only God is....GOOD. Now, I know my goodness, love, patience, etc. comes from the Spirit in me. I am simply the "temple" containing the Holy Spirit; the branch dependent on the Vine. Apart from God, I can do nothing. I am weak, He is strong. I am zero, He is ALL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit