The Assumption Widely Ridiculed .. But Rarely Discussed

by metatron 32 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

If you are a Christian, a Jew, or a Muslim, you belong to a revealed religion. You believe that an angel, a prophet

or other Divine Being came to earth and truthfully explained what Your Place in the Universe Should Be. You may build

elaborate doctrines based on the Bible and dedicate your life to being consistent with them. Despite all your efforts, however,

all your devotion rests upon one unprovable assumption:

We are alone

If extraterrestrials exist, the whole subject of revealed religion is undermined - to the point of collapse. It seems almost silly

to ask "are ET's 'Christian?' , "do they have a Bible?". More than that, why is evil permitted if a perfect race exists somewhere

else? What would Satan have to challenge?

You or I can feel confident asserting what sort of conditions exist in New York City, or Seattle - but not one of us can state

with any authority what sort of conditions prevail outside of earth. At best, we can only guess that we are more likely to be

"average" than anything else in the universe.

People will still eagerly ridicule the notion of extraterrestrials ... yet, like it or not, it all comes down to that question,

Are we alone or not? As such all revealed religion hangs by a thread - ready to crash at the introduction of any First Contact.

George Carlin recently discussed this topic in his book "When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?".

see:

www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/2005/jan/m10-006.shtml

Because of this, I continue to think that a country not based on revealed religion may be the first to endorse UFOs

see:

www.indiadaily.com/editorial/01-09a-05.asp

Whatever the case, it is most unwise to devote your life to ANY REVEALED RELIGION - particularily at this time.

There is no logic in centering your life around a potential 'castle made of sand' - based on an assumption you can

never prove.

metatron

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Interesting premise, Metetron.

Response from an OT point-of-view:

Satan was targeting Adam and Eve, the first "earlthlings". Because of his rampant egotism and his obscession with earth, he was cast out of heaven to earth. Basic OT principal. OT basis for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

So, from there on out it doesnt' matter what's the haps on other planets with "superior" life forms. The three "one god" religions are only concerned with the haps here.

Even if we could transit to another "perfeckt" planet, we would still have the inherant imperfection and subsequent death from being offspring of Adam and Eve. Unless, of course, this other planet had an atmosphere like Shangrila, and we could live forever if we didn't leave it. Not likely.

-Brenda

(of the believes in ET class)

• metatron
    metatron

I have considered that the Ransom could be an "extraterrestrial" doctrine!

Human existence could be questioned collectively. You then have someone voluntarily go thru a 'test track' sort of experience

to show what the human design can do. Thereby, humans are demonstrated to be a reliable construct - so, you let them continue

to develop towards inclusion with the rest of the universe.

All speculation. If you believe various contactees, the aliens see 'God' in very pantheistic terms.

metatron

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Contactees have done alot of damage to the respectability of the idea of ETs IMHO. That along with "here a saucer, there a saucer, everywhere a flying saucer" false IDs. Many contactee experiences show religious and supernatural overtones as well as some strong similarities to lores of the past (i.e. the wee people , or the old hag or incubi). I think they should be seriously analyzed by anthropologists as well as sociologists. Maybe we can find out something more profound about our own psyches and perceptions since apparently these have been recurring themes.

I wish a confirmed ET contact would happen. Then maybe, maybe all people will perceive each other as "Us" and start being a bit more cooperative on the global scale.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Human existence could be questioned collectively. You then have someone voluntarily go thru a 'test track' sort of experience

Sounds like the movie Flat Liners....

Actually, I was married to a man who had alien contacts since he was a child. He had the marks as listed in what'shis'name's book Communion.

We were first living together, and one night I had a "black sleep". No dreams. I didn't wake up groggy, but my night's "sleep" was definitely different. For the next several days, I went around the house checking and rechecking the door and window locks, and all the closets, at least twice, before I could go to bed. I knew there was no logical reason for my actions, but I just HAD to do it. Carl was also very anxious and cranky.

Finally, several days of this and he sat me down and told me about the visitation he had that night, and had me read Communion. He said they were interested in tracking him and probably just "knocked me out" with drugs or hypnosis.

Because of MY experience and hypervigillence, feeling like my home had been invaded, I believed him.

I felt these beings were menacing. I simply don't want to experience them again.

God/Christ/ET Redemption? Interesting thoughts. Ezekiels Charriot has been thought to be an ET ship. Using space-time-dimension much more is possible than we know today.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

This is not an inherent flaw of revealed religions. Gnosticism is explicitly a revealed religion, and it teaches that all of creation -- and specifically all matter -- is inherently evil and is in need of salvation. That would mean that the whole universe -- or wherever intelligent life exists (where the divine sparks are buried in flesh) -- is in need of salvation and liberation, and thus would assume that Redeemer has gone wherever the sparks of the Pleroma have been buried. Second-century gnostics only knew of the earth as the sphere of archon/aeon rule, but considering the vast hierarchy of aeons and archons, it could easily accommodate a modern view of the cosmos with many worlds needing redemption.

• FairMind
    FairMind

This is a very deep subject. I for one believe in Extra Terrestrials. Jesus, the angels and the demons are all Ets.

FM

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Neh.. yer all wrong.

We're all just living in a giant "ant farm" and God and the ET's are here to feed us and water us. Plain as day. <smile>

CG

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Brenda

I read Whitley Streiber's Communion, Transformation, and Secret School. (Hey - To all the skeptics out there, I needed something to read as escape at circuit and district assemblies, being the whipped teen that I was). If your or your hubby haven't read the later books, maybe you'll find Streiber's changing views on the intentions of his visitors, to be a small release for any anxiety he may have over his own experiences. I personally have never had such a thing happen to me.

If you're interested at looking at the "Visitor" phenomenon from a different perspective, I suggest Passport to Magonia from Jacque Vallee. It will show you alot of similarities between the modern alien/ufo experiences and folklore from the past. He has his ideas on whats behind it all. You can draw your own.

Leolaia

There's a body of lore thats growing in the field of ufos and aliens that has gnostic overtones. In particular with forces of light, (like the Nordic Aliens, or even angels) trying to reveal life-saving information to us, while in struggle with dark forces (like the Greys, or demons or archons) that only wish to exploit and keep humans trapped for their own ends. Gnosticism goes with anything, much like ketchup, and I love them both.

• metatron
    metatron

As there seem to be no Gnostic churches presently about, I conclude that UFO Disclosure would be devastating to large

numbers of the Western populace - even if some theologians say 'no big deal'. Asian cultures wouldn't have much of a problem with it,

particularily Taoist, Confucian, Buddhist, and Hindu.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit