2 year old daughter slips from mothers grip

by freedom96 34 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

Yes, teejay, great point.

What about the other kids who need a mother, if she were in jail.

Like I mentioned above, involuntary manslaughter, probation.

For all we know, besides this bad error in judgement, she might be a good mother.

I think the fact her daughter slipped out of her hands, will torment her forever. I could not live in her shoes.

• Mary
    Mary
    What do you think? Has she suffered enough with the trauma of losing her daughter, or should she be faced with charges? She clearly was not looking in the best interests of her kids when going through the barrier.

Tough call. On the one hand, she showed incredibly bad judgement going around the barrier like that, especially as she had kids in the car. On the other hand, the mental torture this woman will put herself through for the rest of her life is, in a way, punishment enough. If anything, she's going to need A LOT of counselling and therapy to get her through this. She's not a danger to society (that we know of), she certainly never intended to kill her child and I can't see it would do any good to put her in jail.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

It was incredibly irresponsible to go around the barrier.

Hardly anyone goes out in torrential downpour to put up a road block just for fun - it was there for a very good reason.

She placed her children in a dangerous situation. That's child endangerment.

She may have suffered enough. Maybe not. We don't know her. We can only imagine how we each would personally feel. And I'm thinking most of us would not circumvent a barrier with our 3 most valuable possessions and charges in our cars.

Without knowing more details I would absolutely want to see charges pressed. Seems clear that the death was directly connected to her carelessness (going around the barrier). I think I would tend to charge her for the death (manslaughter), put her on probation (for xx years), and receive counselling including parenting classes.

There are too many people not taking their parenting responsibilities seriously. True, accidents will happen. But that baby would not be dead if the mother had respected the signs, turned around, and gone somewhere safer.

(Now I'll go back and read the rest of this thread...)
    -Aude.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Stupid...

Better not say anything else.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

She paid and will continue paying the worst price for her mistake. Litigating this is the most worthless idea I could imagine. All harm, no help.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

when children die because of neglect by the parents (out here its an epidemic of child drownings because of careless parents, as well as numerous cases of children being left inside cars on extremely hot days to slowly suffocate) we as a society say they have suffered enough so why punish them.

mom deliberately and well aware of the danger crosses a barrier with her children inside, baby dies. don't punish her, she has suffered enough.

baby-sitter, day-care worker or nanny deliberately and well aware of the danger crosses a barrier with her client's children inside, baby dies. FRY THE BITCH.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    mom deliberately and well aware of the danger crosses a barrier with her children inside, baby dies. don't punish her, she has suffered enough.

baby-sitter, day-care worker or nanny deliberately and well aware of the danger crosses a barrier with her client's children inside, baby dies. FRY THE BITCH.

Yup!

• Valis
    Valis

To me it is just like the several cases here in TX of day care people and parents absent mindedly leaving their kids in the car when it is 100 degrees out w/the windows up. Just awful and yes they should either have to take parenting classes and be on CPS protection/probation forever or go to jail.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Is there no lattitude for any extenuating circumstances?
    Do we have the full story, or just some poorly edited snippet of information that sensationalises a personal tragedy? Why did she take the chance and go round the barrier? What was her mental condition at the time? How much sleep had she had? Were the kids screaming at each other, before the incident? Do any of us know? Were any of us there? Was any of that ever reported on?

Six:

She paid and will continue paying the worst price for her mistake. Litigating this is the most worthless idea I could imagine. All harm, no help.

I guess that's part of what I was getting at.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Barriers were put in place because of freakish, act-of-god, circumstances. We are NOT going to now have a rash of copy cat baby-slips-from-mom's-arms-as-they-are-being-rescued-by-helicopter deaths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit