2 year old daughter slips from mothers grip

by freedom96 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena
    I suppose Xena. Seems like an odd comparison though.

Remember...it's LT we are talking about here Princess

Regarding baby seats: I remember my in-laws getting really irritated that I wouldn't take Rhys out when he was screaming one time. I reasoned with them that I'd rather listen to a screaming baby than have a dead one. Besides, you give in one time....they will never forget it and the screaming with be worse next time

I remember leaning over the car seat in the back and trying to breastfeed to make Bubbles stop crying....many a trucker got an eyeful. It's amazing what you will do....

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

You hear of parents accidently leaving their kids in a hot car. One man did this and the child died. He got off with 3 years unsupervised probation.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gah, doncha just hate explaining daft things...

When I read the title I had the image of a dangling kid, and my mind went to Jackson.
    Then I read the thread and wondered at the lunacy of his actions as contrasted to the efforts of the mother who may get charged.

I hope that's clearer...

• Princess
    Princess

Well that makes a little more sense LT.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I would not give this lady any prison time.

Tragic accident, for sure, and yes, as mentioned, this will haunt her all her life.

So sad......

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I think she needs to at least be charged. It isn't that she wasn't an adult who KNOWS the stories of what happens in flood conditions. She CHOSE to put her family at risk and that is negligence on her part. Being an idiot and her living with her actions are no excuse. If it had been like the case in Kansas where the road just washed away without warning that would be different. She willingly went around the baracade.

• happyout
    happyout

I'm with SheilaM. I'm tired of parents not putting seat belts on their kids, leaving them in the car or at home alone, driving unsafely, and then when something terrible happens, not being held accountable for their actions because they're "suffering".

Do I think this woman is suffering? Yes. Did she bring it upon herself? Yes. Barriers are there for a reason, and now her daughter is gone because the mother CHOSE to go around it. She broke the law, she should be charged.

I hope that doesn't sound harsh, but I have really, really had it with people willingly and knowingly putting their children at risk, and then cry when they lose them.

Happyout - who would NEVER knowingly put a child at risk, most especially her own

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I dont know what to think about this. I do feel sorry for the lady, but damn! I think if i was in that situation, I would have had the rescuers take the baby then come for me last.

Then again its hard to say what a person would do in another persons "shoes"...........

But, yes IMO I think she needs to be punished. If she was in a wreck and the child would have died due to not having her in a carseat, then she would be charged.

• teejay
    teejay

I thought you were going to mention the several reported incidents in SE Asia where mothers/fathers couldn't hold onto their kids as the waters surged and swept them away.

I cannot fathom such a thought. If that were me, my life would be over. I'd make it so. I just wouldn't be able to live with the idea of being less than enough for my daughter in a time of her greatest need. Life would be downhill from there...

As far as the lady who purposely drove around barricades and into swirling waters, I think she needs to be bitch-slapped and face two years in solitary. But what of her other kids while she's gone?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Because she chose to go around the barrier put up to protect her, she might be charged with reckless endangerment. Murder, manslaughter. No. She's suffered enough! Why didn't the rescuers send someone down for the 2yo first? Why did the rescuers think that mom, in trauma, could hang on to the babe? There's more responsibility to this loss than mom making a bad choice, then loosing control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit