Everyone destroyed at Armageddon? How So?

by upside/down 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Forscher
    Forscher

Yes, CTR saw it as a social implosion that would bring down the powers that be rather than the extermination invisioned by Rutherford and kept to this day by the GB because of its usefulness. One thing to remember is that Rutherford declared that no worship outside of the organization was acceptable to God, and, therefore, only those who were within the organization would survive the big A. Henfce, all this speculation on the subject.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Blondie- Forscher,

That's interesting info, I didn't know that about CTR etc. I came to this conclusion the first time I read about in when I a was a babe in da troof. I honestly tried to read Scripture as if the verse was talking to me only. I tried (as best I could) not to put the words or thoughts that I read there through the Dub "filter", but tried to see it AS IT WAS. Didn't always work, but many times it did. I held on to my observations and beliefs until such a time as this (finding this forum) and I'm glad I did!

I do have to give the Dub's credit for one thing- they (at least the couple I "studied" with) taught me to let the Scriptures speak and use my inborn sense of reason. They also showed me what it was like to "think outside the box". The problem is the bOrg took over and tried to put me in their "box". C'est la vie!

u/d

• PinTail
    PinTail

As a kid I felt that Jehovah would bring his big hand down from the sky and slap the hell out of the ground, and if I was under it then it would be real bad.

The fact is I found it hard to camp outside and enjoy looking at the night sky, fearing the big old hand was going to slap the area around me at that very moment and ruin trees shrubs the fish we had caught our tent my dads truck and us, oh man everthing else too.

Shane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit