Everyone destroyed at Armageddon? How So?

by upside/down 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• upside/down
    upside/down

I can't help but notice in almost every thread related to the subject, people mentioning who is or isn't going to be destroyed at Armageddon. Why?

This is a flawed understanding of the entire concept of Armageddon. Scripture makes it clear that this is a war STRICTLY against ungodly/antigodly entities (possibly some individuals). Since most of humanity is ignorant of Jehovah, and whatever His ways are (Look at how even us here on this forum don't even agree as to what absolute "truth" is/ if it's even discernable), most people are not guilty of truly being wicked or guilty of much. Blame can certainly and legitimately be put on imperfection, a wicked system, demon involvement, being misled by false religion (organized religion) and a lack of "God's" direct blessing on all of mankind.

Repeated comments fostering the idea that there is some kind of "home free", such as being in any given "religion", destroys the whole concept of individual accountability! People, you can't hide in a religion, because ALL religion IS going down at Armageddon. The Bible, including the intire history of ancient Israel bear this out.

This wrong concept of Armageddon is no different than the old concept of "hellfire", it's used to CONTROL YOU!

I'd love to hear your thoughts...

u/d

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Upside/down:

I think individual acountability and have a hard time believing in any God that could just kill everyone in the end. I am thinking if my son has a major flaw, why not fix him in a perfect way. I don't know. I guess it is as unreal as the concept f Hell or heaven for that matter to me...Anyhow, just wondering about Colorodo. My bio sisters live there and I used to hang in Boulder a lot. I guess if there is a really judgemental and killing God, I would be a gonner for all the torrid bad in Boulder I attended.

• steve2
    steve2

U/d, I really don't know what you mean. When Armageddon came, I certainly wasn't killed.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

U/D no offense but is this a joke? You sound like the watchtower's latest sales pitch of an armageddonless armageddon. Ubiquitously labeling most of the globe as "honest hearted" victims of Satan's evil system too oppressed by "individuals", "religous leaders", and politicians" to hear or practice "the truth". If this is not a joke then basically you are just propagating the watchtower's next generation of advertisement. Welcome to the club

• Gill
    Gill

I thought that in the OT God went about slaughter men, women and children whether they were guilty or not. You would be killed even if you were a new born babe just because your mother and father happened to be Cannanite or whatever (can't remember all those tribes). What about the supposed flood, he drowned the innocent as well, didn't he? Didn't everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah die?

So why should bloody Armageddon be any different?

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Amen!

• steve2
    steve2

Gill, you've got to remember that the reason the God of the OT, Jehovah, went about killing innocent men, women and children in genocidal rages was because he was under instructions from the Governing Body in New York. It was all about doctrinal purity and unity of belief.

However, I'm sure that, if Jehovah could have had his own way, he would have preferred to take a more tolerant and merciful approach.

My own opinion is that he feared what would happen if he did not obey the GB's orders: He'd end up disfellowshipped and, given his long history of desiring human contact, I don't think he could cope with that lonely outcome.

steve2

• upside/down
    upside/down

No. No joke here- I'm just going off what I read in the Bible- the fact that the WTS is trying to get back to that doesn't make me their puppet.

The doom & gloom concept of Armageddon is unscriptural- Why else would the Bible say to be in expectation and to raise ourselves erect and be happy that it was coming?

I stated elsewhere, as far as taking life- Show me how the giver of life is doing anything unjust by taking it? And if you believe that "God" does do this and doesn't have some ultimate explanation (that we're not privy to yet), what are you going to do about it? Bitch and cry foul until you're destroyed? Give the "creator" a little more credit. Maybe the real question should be, "If "God" revealed to you the reasons an proofs for His actions, would you accept it?", or are you so pissed at Him because of all the bad examples of His so-called worshippers that it wouldn't matter.

For now I tend to give Him the benefit of the doubt. I do that for people (who I know are liars), why not extend the courtesy?

Thanks for the "welcome" too

u/d

• BigG
    BigG

Steve2

LMAO...the sarcasm is fantastic...keep up the good work.

• blondie
    blondie

u/d,

You might want to look into the early WTS concept of Armageddon. Charles Taze Russell believed that it would be a social Armageddon with governmental and religious bodies going down but not people in general. I'd like to do more research but there are many sites out there with Russell's writings online.

http://www.agsconsulting.com/htdbv5/indexz.htm

(WTs above from 1879-1916)

http://reslight.addr.com/indextowers.html

Works of CTR above and below

http://www.nsbible.org/toc.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit