Ding Dong The Dubs Are Here

by Why Georgia 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I saw them.

I did. I did. I did.

They are going house to house door to door in my neighborhood.

I heard the sounds of a bunch of car doors slamming and looked out my window and saw 4 cars full of Jw's with bookbags and smiles.

All parked in front of my house in the NO PARKING area.

Because Jehovah would never allow his people to get a ticket for parking in the no parking snow ban area whilst spreading " The Good News"

Hmm, I can't think what to say to them.

Should I pretend to be ignorant of what they teach and be nice or just let them have it.

I have that luxury because we have moved 20 miles away from our old Kingdom Hall.

Any ideas?

• bisous
    bisous

why bother answering the door?

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think it is time to have fun with them. How far you go should depend on their own attitude and personality.

• Mulan
    Mulan

the last time they were in our neighborhood, last summer, I closed the front door (always open in summer) and went to the back of the house. They didn't come to my door though.......we must be eeeevil. I just don't want to talk to them, see them or anything about them.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Let me tell you they have gone all out this time.

I actually saw Hispanic people amongst them.

A good thing since 1/2 of my neighborhood is from Honduras and Puerto Rico.

The other 1/4 from Portugal.

1/8 from Cambodia.

Then there is us and the other whities down the street.

And - I am not a racist.

Just giving the ethnic backdrop where this door to door work will be taking place.

• bisous
    bisous

i never answer the door for them...i have no patience with their message and no respect for their religion. if i answered i wouldn't be civil - and just because they ring my bell, doesn't mean i'm obligated to go. but you are right, it is obviously a very personal choice

• Preston
    Preston

I'd invite 'em in for milk and cookies....

Got any ho-hos?

- Preston

• Panda
    Panda

I've talked to them a few times. But if you think you'll be enlightening anyone, forget it. Now if I'm in the mood and they are around maybe. But I think that someone got wise to me so they haven't been here for about 2 years.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Ding Dong the Dubs are Dorks!

• upside/down
    upside/down

I would love to say what an old farmer (who obviously decided to have fun with me) said to me whilst I was "serving where the great are needed).

He had a BIG smile, let me say me "schpeel" and when I asked him what his thoughts were he said,

I LOVE BOOZE, LOOSE WOMEN AND GAMBLING and CAN"T STAND CHURCH FOLK. I politely tried to "re-direct" his thought and he wouldn't budge- just kept grinnin and repeating himself, till I finally started laughing with him-- and left.

Now that guy had a sense of humor!

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit