C'mon were going to be late!!

by Released 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• chrissee
    chrissee

i remember a brother in field service having to go to the door alone, since the group wasn't even. he grabbed the air, as if holding someones hand and said, "i'll take one of Jehovah's angels with me to the door." and he walked off. I thought, what a weirdo!

my mother pioneered for many years and when my dad retired he did some pioneering too. I used to get the lecture that so-and-so works and is single just like you, and she pioneers. And of course when I married I got the same lecture.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    he grabbed the air, as if holding someones hand and said, "i'll take one of Jehovah's angels with me to the door." and he walked off.

LMAO!!!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Ever get stuck with Brother Gung Ho on a morning you barely made it out of bed.

Oh, Lord. Brother Gung Ho was the worst. Did you ever notice this principle?

The gung-ho-itude of a Witness is inversely proportionate to his reasonableness

or...

R = 1 / GH
    where
    R = willingness to consider opposing views and show respect for the facts; and,
    GH = tendency to distort reality to support wacky insanity one calls his universe-view

SNG

• Purza
    Purza

I have blocked the memories of going out in field service. I don't even think about meetings or service when I roll out of bed Saturday and/or Sunday. Don't miss that awful job one bit!

Purza

PS -- we were NEVER late.

• new light
    new light
    R = 1 / GH

Brilliant! Now we have a formula for appointing elders. GH / R = appointability factor. Higher quotients make a good MS while lower ones lead to eldership. Of course, brothers with the highest quotients should be groomed for the circuit work.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Bro. Gung Ho and Sis. "I've Pioneered forever so you all ought to listen to ME"

these types are found even on this side of the Atlantic. Do other religions breed them or is it just J W's?

• filip
    filip

I wish I could say that those days were just memories to me now

well, I cant. Im still stuck going out every saturday morning. Man it sucks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit