Mentally ILL People : Will they be saved ?

by Lampokey 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    South Park explored this complex and intriguing dilemma.

Yep, and Jebus must have inspired Cartman to sing such a beautiful rendition of Styx's Come Sail Away.

Flying...it's too bad Jehovah of the O.T. didn't read his own words more carefully as stated above,

.....before he killed millions of people as is recorded in his very own book. Here is a god who is merciful, loving, kind, self controlled, isn't provoked, ......yet he goes ballistic repeatedly out of jealousy.

The bible god is a bi-polar dickhead in my opinion.

Gumby, I agree. This is why I said:

I maintain that if God is as petty, shallow and murderous, as most Christian churches teach that he is, then we are not better off with him in charge than Satan.

I had saved this article to my desk top and never read it. Lately my fiance read it and I think it's an interesting take on the Bible. I don't think, from what he's told me, it sounds any more wacky than most churches sound.

http://www.jcnot4me.com/items/theology/jehovah_unmasked

The article I mentioned addresses what you said about the God of the Old Testament with a very interesting concept. The article talks about gnosticism. It's worth printing and reading. I'm going to do that. When I mentioned it to my Christian friend, she almost choked to tell me quickly enough how wrong she thinks the Gnostic Christians were. She prefers to cling to her murderous, inequitable God.

One reason I saw through the JWs is that I saw several mentally ill people get disfellowshipped or just nosed out. Three were bipolar and one has multiple personality disorder.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You ask if the mentally ill will be saved. Gumby says:

The bible god is a bi-polar dickhead in my opinion.

This is an excerpt from the above article I linked to:

There are hundreds more such verses proving that the god Jehovah is none other than The Thief spoken of by Jesus in John 10:10. "The Thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; but I have come that they may have Life (Zoe), and have Her more abundantly." However, this small sample is quite enough for any reasonable person not blinded by the Father of lies. Reading these verses has sickened my spirit.

As you can see, the god that emerges from the pages of the Old Testament is a terrifying insane thug, far worse than Adolph Hitler. It is a truly satanic god. Torturing and killing multitudes in fits of rage, ordering the slaughter of millions (even babies and infants) over and over again. Losing its temper constantly, always angry and destroying and frightful. Jehovah is an egomaniacal murderous despot. That is why Jehovah uses the title "LORD of hosts". The church language of English translations often covers up the actual meaning of the underlying Hebrew words. Such is the case with the term "LORD of hosts" which is actually " Jehovah of armies!" The Old Testament even says "Jehovah is a Man of War, Jehovah is his name." (Exodus 15:3, American Standard Version of 1901) Contrast "Jehovah is a Man of War" with the words of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount: "Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God." (Matthew 5:9) I gave an early draft of this booklet to a fundamentalist friend, and after he read this section detailing the evil vicious insane murderous acts of Jehovah god, he began to spout nonsense about Jehovah?s satanic behavior being a demonstration of ?holiness?. Needless to say, anyone who equates such vile evil with ?holiness? is a few bricks shy of a load. Completely hopelessly brainwashed. Holy beings do not throw temper tantrums and destroy things and murder people.

This is why large segments of early Christians, especially Gnostics, rejected Jehovah. They realized that Jehovah is a mentally defective and spiritually bankrupt lesser divinity, the Demiurge, or Satan/Samael. Instead, Gnostics embraced the Heavenly Father of Jesus.

I've just gotta get Andy to hook up our printer so I can print this entire booklet and read it.
  • upside/down
    upside/down

The fact that religion could even make a person think this question is unbelievable.

What "god" would condemn mentally ill people?

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit