" LOST" NEW TV SERIES- I missed an eposide help

by wednesday 36 Replies latest social entertainment

• wednesday
  • jws
    jws

I'm hooked on Lost, but I'm getting less and less enthusiastic about it. It's dragging on sooo long. In the first few episodes we heard the strange noises, saw the trees shaking (in a Jurassic Park sort of way) and I was hooked. I love monster stories. So, dying to find out what the "monster" was, it dragged on and on and on to the point where I'm wondering if we will find out what the "monster" is before the season is over. I'm also starting to wonder whether the "monster" could have actually been the other people on the island, making noise and rattling bushes to scare the survivors from going into the woods. If so, I'm going to be really disappointed.

I too was wondering whether they were really dead. Half way through Sixth Sense, I suspected Bruce Willis was dead and sure enough. 40+ people just don't survive an airliner crash. (of course, dinosaurs don't really exist anymore, so as long as it's fiction, I'll overlook that). Locke referred to the island as magical. Perhaps it'll be revealed that they're in some alternate dimension where magic exists.

There's a lot of clues I try to pick up on. I should really tape it. Sometimes the kids get noisy and I miss things. Like exactly what did the French woman say about other people on the island and about the creature?

• Mulan
    Mulan
    , dying to find out what the "monster" was, it dragged on and on and on to the point where I'm wondering if we will find out what the "monster" is before the season is over.

Didn't you see the giant polar bear they killed?

• blondie
    blondie

I think the invisible monster makes a big appearance in this week's episode. I saw a trailer with Shannon and her brother Boone running from something that picked Shannon up into the air....

Wednesday, Jan. 12, 8/7c
    "Hearts and Minds

Hearts and Minds" - When Locke learns that Boone wants to tell their "secret" to Shannon, Shannon's life is placed in sudden peril, and the shocking truth about her past with Boone is revealed. Meanwhile, Kate is puzzled by Sun's mysterious behavior, and a hungry Hurley must repay a debt to Jin.

• Swan
    Swan
    , dying to find out what the "monster" was, it dragged on and on and on to the point where I'm wondering if we will find out what the "monster" is before the season is over.

I don't remember the exact words, but the French woman told Sayid something like the bears were the least of his worries, implying that maybe the creature, which can easily reach into an airplane cockpit wedged up high off of the ground and lift a man out, is something other than a polar bear. Just a thought. Nothing on this show is what it seems. Part of what makes it so good, I think. Tammy

• jws
    jws

Saw the giant polar bear, but I don't think it was a polar bear that pulled the pilot out of the cockpit and dumped his body in some treetops. That had to be either something big or something good at climbing - possibly other human islanders.

I think the invisible monster makes a big appearance in this week's episode. I saw a trailer with Shannon and her brother Boone running from something that picked Shannon up into the air....

I'll believe they reveal something when I see it. For all I know, Shannon being lifted up could be the cliffhanger this week and it'll be a mystery for another 2 weeks. Or it's Locke helping her get away from a boar by lifting her up with a rope. Or her getting snagged by some sort of trap that the kidnappers have set. Even if it is "the monster", there's no guarantee that anything more will be revealed about it.

• jws
    jws

Once more they dodge revealing something.

The brother and sister are being chased by something large. We get a quick glimpse of a foot. We see a large shadow on the trees they hide in. At least we know know that it's some sort of large creature - not humans, not a polar bear. Then Shannon gets scooped up and killed. Too bad, but at least her brother saw the creature. Even though we didn't see it, we can expect to at least hear a description of it.

But wait! It was all a halucination!!! AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! Now I know how fans of Dallas felt when Bobby Ewing stepped out of the shower.

Maybe I'll just check back in a few episodes down the line and see whether anything important has been revealed.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

After last night's episode, hubby turns to me and says "does this remind you of Kingdom Hospital? Just week after week of suspense and little substance in the form of "answers"...... (Kingdom Hospital-the Stephen King serial a few months ago)

The sad thing is....that now we are caught up in the thing, that we're hooked and will see it through to the end---and hope that all the "questions" will be eventually resolved!

Annie

• Swan
    Swan

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I had already suspected that the monster is a manifestation of some figment of someone's imagination. There are already indications that reality can be changed to suit the will of certain individuals, ala The Forbidden Planet. Locke can now walk. Michael wins at backgammon. Jack sees his dead father walking around. This means that they may end up as the French woman warned. Maybe some have these "powers" and others do not. Is that why Locke befriended Boone? Is there a power struggle brewing? They say "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Now for another really big question:

IS THE ISLAND MOVING?

Cue Twilight Zone theme.

That's a really big question for me. North isn't North any more. The beach is eroding. Polar bears are found on a tropical island. So is this a stationary island, or does it move in location and through different realities?

Tammy

• Preston
    Preston

UGGHHHHHHH....When's the vacation gonna start?!

- Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit