If The Society REALLY Cared About Preaching The Good News......

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

With all the $$$$$ they have, preaching and teaching and making disciples could be done just like that! But the truth is---they don't care about disciple making. They only care about covering their assets.

• minimus
    minimus

Another thing-----if they really cared about people, they'd put their publications all on the internet.

• Gill
    Gill

Putting their information on the internet for free would be shooting themselves in the foot. People would stumble on the truth about 'the troof' much faster. Far better to demonize the internet as most of the JWs wouldn't even dare look at JW sites or apostate sites just in case Jehovah saw them!

"Don't look at anything about Jehovahs Witnesses on the Internet!' my mother's regular warning!!!!

That's why I looked!

I think they're now just hanging on for dear life to the converts they have and the old die hards who have already wasted the best parts of their lives. I know so many and was one. It's very sad! Thank God for the Internet!

• Gill
    Gill

Minimus! Do they really have billions! Wow! How much exactly/more or less!?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

speaking of which... three of 'em just walked past my house while i was sitting there having tea and reading the paper. come to think of it, the last few times they have been in the neighborhood, they walk right by...i bet my sister ratted me out as an "apostate". anyway, the young girl in the bunch went so far as to turn her face away and raise her arm slightly so that her hand partially hid her face, i'm not kidding. i felt kinda icky when i saw that like hey i'm a nice person...oh well, we are the dead.

• Gill
    Gill

No! We are not the Dead. We are the Very Undead!

Be afraid JWs...be very afraid!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i know... i was just quoting Julia from 1984...

• upside/down
    upside/down

I sh*t you not,

I've lived in my new house for about a year and NOT ONE dub has knocked on my door or left any "firestarter" old mags on my doorstep.

But I have had Mormons (preaching), Seventh Day Adventists (inviting to their church), and some "non-denominationals" (also inviting to their church), in addition to several "fliers" on my door inviting us to "church".

The Dubs are dropping the ball. And losing their "we're the only ones who bug people in their homes" bragging rights!

u/d

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Fact is, they're not really interested in spreading "the good news", but only in giving themselves the impression they do.

I think they are interested in keeping the "flocks" busy, so they can't think, read or watch TV. If they were really interested in getting the "word spread" they would come out of the dark ages and utilize more modern techniques. Door to door is so out of touch...................literally no one is home anymore. When I pioneered in the early 90's, I remember many days going all day (5 hours) and not finding one person home. It frustrated me so much because it was so obviously a huge waste of my time.

• minimus
    minimus

Riding around wasting gas is even worse!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit