Revenge of the Sith

by Big Tex 23 Replies latest social entertainment

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    wow, Van Jay, that site has a lot of good stuff on it - thanks!

No doubt! I spent all morning reading through it. Fascinating and fun.

Thanks.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

The Sith Lords is due out on PC next month! Knights of the Old Republic last year had one of the best plots of any game, and IMO, it was better than the last two movies. Has anybody played it on console yet? Does it really rock?

I can hardly wait.

Tammy

I've played it on console, and this one was much better than the last one. However the console version is very buggy, and experiences some severe framerate slowdowns in battles involving many enemies, or when using certain force powers (i.e. Force Storm) too much. Also, the game is very easy like the first one. If you liked the first one, you will love The Sith Lords.

• jws
    jws
    Do any of you in your right mind think this is anything more than a movie. Could you actually make love to a person who wanted to make Jedi knight a religion and if so, how would you feel if only women as large as Jaba turned him on. I really would like imput into this one.

I think it is only a movie and I am a fan of it/them. I recently watched the documentary about the making of the first 3 episodes (from the '70's and '80's). Apparently George Lucas was a student of ancient myth and folklore and incorporated elements of these things into his stories.

Many religions (if not all) are man-made and many are collections of myth and folklore. Many contain an element of a superior power (in this case, "the force"). And many contain a code of conduct (the ways of the Jedi). Many have a bad side (Satan or "the dark side").

Who's to say that other religions weren't founded on men telling stories. Maybe they were even intended as fiction or morality lessons originally. Over the years, the origins were forgotten and the myth was left behind for believers to follow.

On the surface, I'd say that having a Jedi religion makes about as much sense as other religions out there. And perhaps the fact that George Lucas incorporated myth and legend makes it more realistic. Hell, people follow L. Ron Hubbard, why not the Jedi religion?

I wouldn't follow a Jedi religion, but others might. To me, it makes more sense than some religions. I'm surprised there isn't a religion based on Elvis yet.

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Sith Lords sucked compared to KotOR. All I got for my ending was Kreia reading off some pre-death obituaries for the crew of the Ebon Hawk, then she keeled over and died for no apparent reason. That's it. THE END. Gone are the grand vistas of KotOR, like the Taris skyline, Selkath oceans, and the pristine tropical paradise where the final battle takes place. Instead we gat a claustrophobic, primer-gray space station over Telos, two rehash levels on Korriban and Dantooine, and a closed-in Mos Eisley stand in on Onderon. Oh yeah, and Nar Shaddaa, which was the most annoying level of any game I have ever played. Surprise! You know that character you pawned off all the crappy weapons on? You gotta fight two bounty hunters with him, all by yourself! The story was totally disjointed, too. The Dark Lord sends a Sith assasin to kill you, and after you beat her...POOF! She joins you, and is 75% on the Light Side of the Force.

Now, as far as that demo for Republic Commando... That game is going to be almost orgasmic!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit