Cross or torture stake.....

by snakeizz 45 Replies latest jw friends

• zealofjehu
    zealofjehu

hi everyone im new here. i remeber reading a paper that talked about mind control and it stated that the cross verse stake was to reinforce the idea of seperateness from the evil worldlings, same with holidays and such.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Welcome ZealofJehu,

Hope you enjoy posting on JWD.

I think you are right as to one of the reasons the WTS uses the stake. It is like their flag pole to rally around.

Triple A

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I think it's pretty much an historical fact that the Romans crucified folks. The word itself (crux) is latin for cross. My opinion is that they hold so fastly to the whole "torture stake" baloney to seperate themselves from the rest of "Christendom".

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Hey all,

This is my first itme to this site. I had no idea there were even sites like this out there. I have been disfellowshipped for 13 years now. (I was 18 then, I'm 31 now.) My entire family is still very active. My Dad is an Elder, My sister is a full-time Pioneer, etc. I havn't spoken a word to my aunts, uncles, cousins, or close family friends in 13 years. It was like a nuclear blast went off and everyone I knew or cared about just disapeared. I had to go out on my own and basically re-raise myself. I feel like I've done a pretty good job. My biggest problem now is trying to explain to my fiance and close friends who know nothing about how I grew up why my family treats me the way they do and why my family won't be there at my wedding, etc. It's nice to know that there are folks out there who have been through the same stuff and can relate to that unique sort of pain. I welcome any correspondance from anyone who would like to tell their story about leaving "The Truth". (I hate that term.)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Uncle Bruce"was there,and he told me:"Jesus dined on a steak." So there you have it,a first hand,eye witness account...OUTLAW

• Triple A
    Triple A

Here is a link to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Cross Sarah J. Roberts (fifth year doctoral student in linguistics at Stanford University).

http://www.forananswer.org/Top_JW/jwcross.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit