Unofffical Jehovah's Witness Website Censured

by Kenneson 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole

Another thing is that if the Legal Department was able to spot his rather petty site, analyse it's contnet and intimidate the guy, it means they must also monitor the Web in general and sites like this board or freeminds.org.

Not that they are likely to take any similar action, but it shows that they carefully read all the info available here and still continue to mislead themselves and others.

Cynical bastards.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    Another thing is that if the Legal Department was able to spot his rather petty site, analyse it's contnet and intimidate the guy, it means they must also monitor the Web in general and sites like this board or freeminds.org.

...and I thought I had too much time on my hands.

he probably got narc'ed on by God knows who. Or maybe someone in the Legal Dept. actually Googles this stuff. and it doesn't surprise me that he would get caught sooner or later.

laters

kaykay_mp

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Well I can understand how they could copyright that bible... It's much more of a work of fiction than a translation...

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

lol @ mkr32208

laters

kaykay_mp

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

This is what I emailed Bob today:

It?s a shame they WT Society asked you to stop quoting from the NW Translation. Copyright is not really diluted when you put the copyright information after a quotation, so I don?t really understand the issue.

You could always you another translation that is close to the NW Translation. The Watchtower does it from time to time. One good source would be http://www.biblegateway.com. The site allows you to look up scriptures from numerous translations. So when you have a scripture that you want to look up, look it up in the NW Translation, and then you can look that scripture up in any of the bible translations on the site. You can go through and see which one you are comfortable with quoting.

For example, if you wanted to mention PS 83:18 on your site, go to the search box, put in PS 83:18 and select which version you want. Here is what your results would be if you selected Young's Literal Translation:

18And they know that Thou -- (Thy name [is] Jehovah -- by Thyself,) [Art] the Most High over all the earth!

Anyhoo?I just thought I would mention this site?I didn?t know it existed until a friend forwarded the site to me.

Have a great day, and I wish you well on your site.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I notice at this point that he hasn't actually removed the material, though...

• Quotes
    Quotes

He should have said *NO*.

What would WT do then?

They couldn't do anything, because you must not take a fellow brother to court!!!!

Ha ha!

~Quotes, of the "Surprised I Haven't seen anything in the mail" class
    http://quotes.watchtower.ca/

• Quotes
    Quotes

Holy Moly, this guy also has TMS online.

I'm surprised they never mentioned this in the letter. I wonder if he will shut the TMS down also???

~Quotes.

• Quotes
    Quotes

One more thought:

WT logic:

• The bible is the most important book ever

• Our translation is the best translation of the book ever

• The bible contains a life-saving message meant for all mankind

• Tyndale and others were great people because they risked their life to get the bible translated into the vernacular

• Those that wanted to keep the bible out of the hands of the layman are vile and evil religionists that will shortly receive their commuppance.

• We are in control of our bible and will stop any who covert our control over it's distribution

• (there is no hypocrisy in that last statement. Move along please, nothing to see here.... I SAID MOVE ALONG!!!!!
  • jwsons
    jwsons

I think anyone who has a website should add something like "From now on, any Bible quote in this website we prefer to use New American Standard Version instead of New World Translation because JWs said their Bible is copyrighted, mean it is man-made(up) Bible, not God's Word (Life Saving Free Water) at all"

jwsons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit