What can they do if you are of the annointed?

by Unfettered 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Unfettered
    Unfettered

Scenario: I've had an elder call me a couple times now over the last seven years. Our conversations have gone similar to the one below, but the one below is what I'm going to say this next time and see what happens:

Elder Calls: Brother xxx where have you been. Are you still associating with JW's?

xxx: Oh yes, I associate when I can. I've been all over.

Elder: It's been seven years, don't you think you should settle down in a congregation and have your publisher's card transfered? We haven't had any time reported from you since you left our congregation.

xxx: not really, I'm fine with where I'm at and don't really feel a need to report time or transfer my publishers card. I'm sure it's safe with you.

Elder: Well... it certainly seems you are not wanting to associate with JW's anymore.

xxx: who said that? I never said that. I'm just not associating with YOUR congregation. I'm sorry if you miss me. I've just been travelling alot and occupied with other associations outside of your congregation.

Elder: Well, brother do you still believe that JW are God's chosen people and that the faithful and discrete slave are appointed by God to portion out spiritual food and direction at the appropriate time? Do you believe in theocratic order?

xxx: Brother, of course I have been taught that since my babtism! Why do you feel a need to question my faith?! I don't know what you believe but I know what I've been taught... (hopefully you are noticing I'm avoiding the question).

Elder: The society has lovingly provided direction and organization such as attending regular meetings at a specific congregation, reporting time, and having accurate publisher cards. Don't you think you need to follow that direction?

xxx: Do you Edler BLAH believe that the annointed are God's chosen representatives, that only they have a direct relationship with Christ, and that the great crowd follow their lead, that they are to rule as kings and priests over the earth?

Elder: of course! yes I do.

xxx: Well Elder BLAH, I am of the annointed. If I decide to report my time, I will. If I decide to transfer my publisher card, I will. It is not your place to question me. I highly recommend you humbly ask forgiveness from Jehovah for having questioned and offended one of your rightful kings. I forgive you.. but please don't question me again. When I get to heaven you can be sure you do not want me to recommend your disfellowshipment from God's organization which would mean your death forever. I'm going to assume you are simply acting out of ignorance. Please do not call me again unless it is to ask my spiritual direction on some matter. Good night.

click!

What do you think? Wouldn't that screw with their minds?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    What do you think? Wouldn't that screw with their minds?

uh-huh. a small payback, i'd say...plus they'd quit harrassing you.

• PinTail
    PinTail

From the time I was a young teenager I could see that turning in time was a farce. I told them during the meetings, I also robbed from the little box in the back I need it more than they did, a guy needs money for the school stomp.

I have not been a bad boy since, I am now 50 well sometimmes I am.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Love to hear the outcome of that call when it happens.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Imho your final answer would put you in line for the next judicial committee (even in absentia).

I partook in one Memorial, and although I never discussed this with the elders, a few weeks later a judicial committee was asking me to answer by "yes" or "no" to a preset list of doctrinal questions...

• upside/down
    upside/down

Narkissos- I was under the impression that they no longer did JC's in absentia, at least in the USA. I know of several people who flat out refuse to meet with the clowns er. elders, and NOTHING has been done. I think this is a recent development due to LAWYERS!

Do tell...

u/d

• dh
    dh

LOL

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

U/d,

I'm not sure as (1) it was nearly 19 years ago, (2) it happened in France and (3) I attended the JC. As for being df'd in absentia, I think that's what happened to a number of US posters quite recently (Peacefulpete, SixofNine?). Perhaps you could start a thread on this topic.

• Mary
    Mary
    I highly recommend you humbly ask forgiveness from Jehovah for having questioned and offended one of your rightful kings. I forgive you.. but please don't question me again. When I get to heaven you can be sure you do not want me to recommend your disfellowshipment from God's organization which would mean your death forever.

ROFTMAO!! Oh Lordy, that would be a scream!!

I'm going to assume you are simply acting out of ignorance.

Uh, do they act out of any other way?

• Gill
    Gill

LMAO! Excellent!

However, be careful or you may find yourself disannointed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit