What if World War One never happened?

by outbutnotdown 32 Replies latest jw friends

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

CRR,

I agree with WWII being bigger than WWI. That makes what I am trying to say, (even if I am not doing it so well at this point ) a liitle more true.

Once they grabbed hold of the 1914 date, (even though they had already been wrong on some others), they had no need to look anywhere else. It made sense to the followers at the time. "Yeah, you're right Pastor Russell, that was a turning point in history. It makes complete sense that that was when bad ass Satan was thrown out of Heaven by good-guy Jesus/Michael."

Or did you mean CRR that they maybe would have stumbled around until 1939 and gotten lucky on that one?

Brad

• heretic
    heretic

i read something on this- the generation that sees the beginning will see the end- backpedal, what happened? I thought they still beleived in this. it shows that in australia we only get filtered down scraps of information but i think the smoke covered most of it and the mirrors took care of the rest.

so did they blame misinterpretation by the ranks or what.

i see they tried to buy another 30 years in the last watchtower study on Noah, how it was 120 years from Gods warning til the flood and we're only 90 years after 1914 how we must keep on the watch! man I cant take much more of their BS and i dont mean bible studies...

my little bro\best friend just got baptised at 20 Im not gonna wait til hes 50 to bring this up. I might just get the frustrated kid laid on his next visit and (how bad does this sound) hopefully he'll get d'd, hes starting to get into life and hes gonna waste it in there living in a box. but the most scary thing is if he needs a blood transfusion, i might just hijack the hospital and he can charge me with rape when hes better.

i was at his baptism, it was hard for me but i told him no matter what ive got his back. no matter what, i wouldnt let him die no way.

life

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I'm with you on that lifesagarden! My wife is still claiming to be a dub (she's hanging on by one fingernail) but I'm steadily whacking at it! She still claims however that she won't take blood to save her life... ok so if that comes up I've already destroyed her blood card and all that other new crap! She thinks its filed hee hee hee hopefully the time will never come but if it does she's taking the blood!

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

In the British comedy series, "Blackadder Goes Forth", Rowan Atkinson plays a career soldier stuck in the trenches of World War I. He complains about this war being different than before, when British soldiers had to fight armies that had nothing more to fight back with than dried grass and sharp pieces of fruit.

I think the reason why so many historians of the time and afterwards cried over WWI, or "The Great War", was because it was such an unfair slaughter, ie: both sides suffered incredible losses; it wasn't the usual one-sided affair.

And let's not forget the Boer War, or the Belgians in the Congo, or the US in the Phillipines, or the Spanish-American War,before that. This was a time of relative peace and calm? Says who? Oh, yes, God's Faithful and Discreet Slave (tm).

• Golf
    Golf

Outbut, as I said, do some background check-up, it would make you think. Russell's money supposedly have come from his father's clothing business. Where did his father get the money? Did his father have any connections with the banking cartel? My understanding is that Russell was 'silent' on many matters. The truth of the matter is that the International Bankers always wanted to get a foothold on money matters in the USA. They finally did it in 1913.

G.Edward Griffin has a book titled, "The Creature from Jekyll Island" that you may want to check out.

In the mean time read this info.

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/hoax/mcfadden.htm A tribute to Congressman Louis Thomas Mcfadden

Guest77

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    What if World War One never happened?

We'd have to rename WWII

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I also would have to say that they'll have to call something else "World War 1" because WWI was going to happen no matter what. All those colonial empires jockeying for position in the world and being rife with political instability. Europe was more than due for something like that war happening.

• logansrun
    logansrun

What if the Cambrian Explosion never happened....?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

What gets me is that 1975 is supposed to have been 6000 years since Adams creation. The Jewish year is only 5763, allowing added months for it being a lunar year. Since these calculations have been going for thousands of years, methinks the WTBTS are out of their gords anyway.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

They (Watchtower) kept right on going through their 1874/75 dates, I doubt they would have had any trouble coming up with something to say about 1914, regardless of what happened. After all, as I recall, Russell didn't predict anything resembling a war, he was looking for economic ruin, then armageddon. Instead they got a war, and so later claimed that they knew "something big" was going to happen. It could have just as easily been a major earthquake, a fire, a disease outbreak. I doubt it would have affected their growth.

Just my two cents, happily refunded if not fully satisfied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit