reinstatement

by sugarbritches 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sugarbritches
    sugarbritches

Hi does anyone know what the procedure is for reinstatement? I love this forum- you guys are all great. Sugarbritches

• new light
    new light

You tell the elders you have stopped your sinful life and want to be reinstated. Bear in mind you don't actually have to repent or change your ways unless it's something obvious from the outside like living with your unmarried partner. Then you quietly go to every meeting for at least six months (underlining the answers helps a lot). Don't forget to wear nice clothes. It also helps to look longingly at the Time-Reporting Station and let out the occasional sigh.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

You know, I have never had the desire to ever be "reinstated" because I could care less what those elders opinions of me are.

They DF'd me via the phone because I wouldn't meet with them.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Ugh! I hope you don't mean you want to go back!

The procedure is to write a letter to the judicial committee that DF'd you and ask to be reinstated. Explain that you are sorry, you love Jehovah, you hate the Smurfs, the whole bit. Then hand it to the judicial committee chairman. They will arrange to meet with you and discuss it. Chances are good you won't be reinstated, but will be told to keep coming to meetings and studying. Then you submit another letter in a couple of months and try again. After 6 months to a year, you'll probably be reinstated.

The elders I've seen (and dealt with) were not hard-asses about the shunning thing. They will talk to you pretty freely so long as it is about the reinstatement procedure. I called two of the three guys on my JC when I was disfellowshipped. They both spoke with me at length and were very ... understanding is the wrong word, but maybe tolerant.

I hope you aren't the one looking to be reinstated. I'll soon be DF'd for "apostasy" and it will be a chilly day in Gehenna before they get to suck me into another judicial committee. I won't be attending the one where they DF me, either.

Dave

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Of course everyone's lives and circumstances are different. Some have gotten reinstated to ease tensions in their family. I didn't mean to suggest it was "bad" for you or anyone else to seek reinstatement. I just hope that you don't feel any need to.

Dave

• gumby
    gumby

Sugarbritches......why did you come to an ex-jw site to ask directions on how to be re-instated.....I don't get it. If your pro JW, it seems this would be the last place you'd want to be asking....even though you will get the correct answer here.

Gumby

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    Pinky: "They DF'd me via the phone because I wouldn't meet with them. "

Phone rings

Pinky: Hello

Elder: Sister Pinky, I'm calling to tell you that since you won't meet with us we have no choice but to disfellowship you in absentia.

Pinky: Hold on, I'm just getting out of the tub, let me get dry and we can talk.

Elder: Oh, okay. I'll hold on.

Pinky: (lays phone down - toweling noises in the background)

Elder: (gulp - starting to sweat)

Pinky: I'm back, now what were you saying?

Elder: Um, you know I can just fly right over there and we can talk about this in person. I can be there in 2 minutes

Pinky: Are you sure that would be proper? I'm not really dressed yet.

Elder: Oh it will be fine. After all the Lord's work has to be done rain or shine, storm or not.

Pinky: I thought that was the mailman?

Elder: Well, anyway I can just pop in.

Pinky: I don't know if you should - after all I'm emailing Ray Franz right now and I have an appointment with my hypnotist is a couple of hours.

Elder: Look I'm heading for the car as we speak - I'm getting in.

Pinky: Well I'll just go get dressed then.

Elder: NO! I mean no need. We are already talking an all let's not break the momentum.

Pinky: Are you sure this is the right procedure?

Elder: Oh yes it's just like calling a widow - I mean window of opportunity - I mean looking through a window at a widow - I mean yes.

Pinky: I'm getting my clothes on.

Elder: Well then, I just called to say you were disfellowshipped and that you will die at Armageddon then.

Pinky: I've got to go - I have body lotion to put on.

Elder: REALLY! Can we talk about your reinstation possibilities?

Pink: No. (click)

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

hahahaa... actually it went more like this.

Elder: Your mother called and made us aware that you are living with a guy. We need you to come and meet with us to discuss potential immorality (and the details of course)

Pink: No thank you. I have no interest in meeting with the elders. How about we talk about how my mother used to beat the living crap out of me and my sister and that the child welfare services actually took my sister away from my mother's custody due to her abuse?

Elder: That is in the past, we aren't talking about that, we are talking about you potentially committing fornication. Let's talk about that.

Pink: I'd like to talk about why when I came to the elders for help with my mother's verbal and physical abuse of me why nothing was done.

Elder: Ok, I will mark you down as refusing to meet with us. If you don't call us back within a week we will be disfellowshipping you.

Pink: Click.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I didn't know this was only an "EX-JW" site like Gumby says. I thought this forum was for anyone wanting to make JW related comments. Ex-JWs benefit from the mutual support this site provides but active JWs with doubts and legitimate concerns benefit as well. Don't discourage active JWS from coming here and learning that their negative JW experiences are not unique and from learning the truth about the WTS. Thank you very much!

FM

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

hehe "hate the smurfs".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit