for those who listen to Christian music....

by missy04 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

How great though art, I just love hearing that hymn. Shout to the lord is definately one of my favs too.

I like some of the modern r&b stuff:

Tonex-I wanna be real. Commissioned, the secret place being my #1, bb&cc Winans (just about everything they did) , Helen baylor,

I used to play all of this stuff but havent done so for a couple of years

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Anyone listen to Nichole Nordeman. Man, her stuff is great! I've got the "Woven and Spun" CD. Awesome!

• bebu
    bebu

Nicole Nordeman's CD, Woven and Spun--I just ordered it yesterday.

I love "Testify to Love" and I'd belt it out with Avalon if they'd only let me in the group!

DC Talk's "In the Light" is another favorite. When I die, they'll hear it at my funeral (along with Testify to Love, of course).

2 more songs I love are Untitled Hymn by Chris Rice, and The Glory by Avalon.

And...anything by Rich Mullins.

My sons enjoy all these, as well as Switchfoot, OC Supertones, Relient K, and Nine Iron Frenzy.

bebu

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"Shout" is pretty good. "My Jesus, My Saviour" is another one that most folks tend to like. I've had the green WOW CDs for a few years, and enjoy them.
    One of my favourites is "Heart of Worship" by Michael Smith.
    I can't hear "How Great Thou Art" without recalling the video of the back of the naked guy who was singing it in a Glasgow Art Gallery, where I took Valis last year!

Is it only me that wonders at some folks reading comprehension, when they read thread titles such as this one and just can't help throwing in detracting comments? Surely I'm not the only one who mutters "I wish these guys would just p*ss off!" under their breath...

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Good music draws us nearer to God. I think it helps the heart to deal with the hurts and sorrows by opening the door to the joy of God's love.

A particular favorite for me this past week has been: Garments of Praise from the Revival in Belfast album.

So good to find this thread this morning.

Love to you all,

Sabrina

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I haven't sampled alot from this genre, but I did like the following two songs which are spiritual in their own ways. I think only the later is a Christian rock band.

Show me the Way by Styx and Higher by Creed.

Plumb (Tiffany Arbuckle) and Alison Kruass. Both have incredible voices. Kruass is not really considered a "Christian Artist" but she is a Christian and does some gospel songs. Plays a mean bluegrass fiddle too. Plumb is very edgy.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Butterfly Kisses always gets me choked up. That's the closest I get to liking country.

• Released
    Released

I have an older cd by JARS OF CLAY called MUCH AFRAID its really good

just about anything by Third Day is good I just recently started listening so im still trying to get to no the artists but your right it makes you feel good especially if your still trying to live life as a christian

Released

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Missy,

I love Christian rock. My favorite is Stephen Curtis Chapman Twilight, I have only heard it a few times, but it is the most beautiful song ever. Jaci Velazquez has a beautiful voice.

I completely agree with you. I love rock, and adult contemp. I love music period. But christian rock just makes me feel happy. Those artists are incredibly talented.

When I was younger, Stryper was the big Christian rock band. I really like Sarah Kelly and Sarah Mason. Sarah Kelly has this one song, Hallelujah, that is just awesome.

I could go on and on. It's so cool to learn of others who really like Christian music. Shout to the Lord, I think I have heard it, I will look for it more particular.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit