Bisous unadulterated craving for Marmite!!

by bisous 42 Replies latest jw friends

• the bandersnatch esq.
    the bandersnatch esq.

Last time a friend persuaded me to try some Marmite I ended up washing my mouth out and scraping it off my tongue. I kid you not.
    Now Nutella on the other hand...

• Mulan
    Mulan

I thought it tasted like beef boullion paste. Not good. But I'm sure we eat things that other people don't understand.

• Xena
    Xena

I tried it in Seattle...it was...uummm not to good. I mean if there was nothing else to eat and I was staving, I'm sure it would be quite nice

Nutella ...yummmyyyy but extremely rich!

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

There's something wrong with you people!! Marmite is pure DISGUSTING! BLAH!

Now Molasses is what you're supposed to put on toast! Mmmmmm

• GermanXJW
  • Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

beef boullion paste? i think the weirdest i'll ever go outside of the 'usual' toppings is apple butter...

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

What GermanExJW said.

• Special K
    Special K

We seemed to be on a peanut butter and fluff kick here in our house. Nice change from peanut butter and jam.

(fluff) ...jars of soft gooey marshmellow.

SK

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Hey, you even have this in the US:

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I tried stopping Steve, but he just went right ahead and dipped the end of his fork in the Marmite and ate it - ewwww!!!!

Thinly scrapped off of hot buttered toast, is the only way to eat it - spread it thicker once you're a veteran!
    I've been eating it since I was a toddler and have two jars in my cupboard (I forgot I already had one, and went and bought another - it lasts for ages).

Like Guinness and whisky to an uneducated adult palate, it's an acquired taste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit