Bisous unadulterated craving for Marmite!!

by bisous 42 Replies latest jw friends

• bisous
    bisous

I love Marmite, do you?

Bisous

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

um, what's marmite?

• bisous
    bisous

dark and gooey sticky stuff with a pongin whiff to it. You spread it on toast. Delicious.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Marmite is dark brown-colored savory spread made from the yeast that is a by-product of the brewing industry. It has a very strong, slightly salty flavor. It is definitely a love-it-or-hate-it type of food.
    altIt comes in small (2-5 inches high) bulb-shaped glass jars with a distinctive yellow lid.
    altChildren in Britain are generally fed it from the time they are weaned, and most never grow out of it. It has a high B-vitamin content, as well as riboflavin and niacin?and as such is very healthy. (The vitamin-B complex helps prevent anemia.)
    altPippa MacGregor sent us this lovely snapshot of her son Kyle, age 16 months, after he got into the Marmite jar. She writes, "As you can see, he loves it!"

alt

altMarmite may be stored at room temperature, even after the jar has been opened. Large jars will last months?even years?without any spoilage. (Old marmite can turn hard and lose its gooey spreadability, though.)
    altAn excellent Web site with info from the Marmite company is on line at: http://www.accomodata.co.uk/marmite.htm. The official Marmite page sponsored by Bestfoods is at: http://www.worldhealthcare.net/marmite/marmite.html?including a fascinating chronicle of the history of Marmite.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Sounds like vegamite...??

• Princess
    Princess

Hey Kim! We tried it while Ross was here. I think all but me turned up their noses at it. I went back for seconds. Good stuff on wheat toast with butter.

Rachel

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

I tried some while LT was here... he spread the marmite on bits of toast and passed them around for us to sample. I skipped the toast, and dipped the end of my fork in the jar for a real taste.

It reminded me of what vitimins taste like, when they stay in your mouth too long, before they're swallowed.

I vowed never to step in it.

Steve

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Marmite may be stored at room temperature, even after the jar has been opened. Large jars will last months?even years?without any spoilage.

Something tells me we aren't supposed to be eating things with this capability.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    It reminded me of what vitimins taste like, when they stay in your mouth too long, before they're swallowed.

* eep *

• Satanus
    Satanus

Weaponised butter. Actually, i like vegemite better. I put it in sauces.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit