Do "they" care?

by peggy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

I'm sorry you didn't find what you were looking for at the meeting. I found out a couple of years ago that even though they claim to be the true religion, they really aren't. I was in it all my life, yet it's things like your experience today that show it's nothing more than another false religion. It's sad but it's true. I hope it helps open your eyes.

Dustin

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

I wonder how many of them knew this was a lie & said nothing. There must have been some. What a head game.

• Carmel
    Carmel

.....what tsunami?.....

cavaman

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    I wonder how many of them knew this was a lie & said nothing.

They all did. But fot the sake of appearing in unity, not one of them had the balls to speak up.

• peggy
    peggy

Dear 95stormfront,

It doesn't take BALLS, I'm not sure what it takes. I only know that it affected me and continues to. Every organization has bad and good. For the most part these people are caring and good. I agree there are those who are quite literally EVIL. I have been associated with this organization for 40 years, I have heard it all, nothing surprises me anymore. I am confused! I don't know what to do. I take one day at a time. I read alot. I use my brain, I question. Please be patient. When I share my thoughts, I know it triggers anger in some, I understand that. But if I shared these thoughts with those who still associate with the org. I would experience anger from them as well. i just want to sort this all out. I'm sad, really sad. I don't know where i belong anymore.

Peg

• all_forgiving
    all_forgiving

You belong among the human race that cares for all. I see your true kindness. It not all that hard to see.

God gave you a brain to think. He also gave you a soul to find your own path and truth in life. Don't be hard on yourself.

• bebu
    bebu
    I turned to the sixteen year old girl next to me and said "that is a out right lie". She agreed with me.

An encouraging sign, I think. Seeing an adult disagree with a speaker might empower her to think about double-checking what she hears; I wonder if she's heard anyone disagree with a speaker before?

Perhaps you could innocently ask the speaker if he could let the congregation understand to what lengths the WTBTS has gotten involved? Certainly their generosity should be held up as an example...

bebu

• gdt
    gdt

Peg, may i just say how dreadfully thoughtless that speaker was.....terrible. Yesterday our speaker was in fact the c.o., who discussed and prayed for all those who had died or were alive and hurting, and it was the exact opposite of what you experienced. Are the US witnesses becoming callous or thoughtless? Hope not. Our brother told of a few experiences he'd received from the branch, and I am sorry you have seen such thoughtlessness over your way.

No wonder we are encouraged to endure etc etc, please don't let such awfulness stop you from seeing all the good, and it is there too I am sure among the brothers. Take special care, it is nice to see how much you feel for people, and remember we don't answer to men in the long run, none of them bring the sun up! (not even women either!)

Cheers, gdt geoff.

• gdt
    gdt

PS....just to mention that in our papers today, articles appeared with photos of sunbathers obviously enjoying themselves,some Aussies quoted as saying they don't care what the PM said for tourists not to go at this time, and an attitude like what your speaker may have grabbed onto, instead of looking for the good!. pps we aussies aren't all nice either, sorry to say,

• sf
    sf

{{{ warm welcome to you peggy }}}

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit