Do "they" care?

by peggy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• peggy
    peggy

I attended the meeting today, hoping for some encouraging words. I arrived while the prayer was in progress, I waited, then found my way to a familiy I enjoy and sat with them. The speaker was visiting from another congregation. Right away I noticed a condescending tone to his voice. I wondered if my attitude had become so bad that I wasn't able to see good in others anymore. Then in his talk he began speaking of the world. He said that they didn't care what happened with the Tsunami. He said that they just go on with their lives as if nothing happened. There is no real love in the world. I was at first shocked with his words. I turned to the sixteen year old girl next to me and said "that is a out right lie". She agreed with me.

I wasn't sure how to handle my anger. I considered walking out. I didn't want to upset the family I was with. I thought that after the meeting I should confront this man. Tell him that his comment was inappropriate and a lie! I did neither. I just feel sad, and scared about how every thing has changed for me. I did come home and tell my 21 year old daughter how upset I was about that comment. She too agreed with me. Later, I began writing to this forum to share this story, my daughter came down stairs and I quickly turned off the computuer. I'm not ready and I am not sure how she will feel about me visiting here. This is a difficult time.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They (the WTBTS ) are the ones that do not care - they love telling lies about other religions -hope you are ready soon

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

well since jw's are discouraged from reading newspapers and watching tv news now , most probably believed everything the guy said.

its sad. the response to disasters from most people have been heartwarming. i guess the guy giving the talk didnt list anything the wtbs had done for the tsunami victims?

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    He said that they didn't care what happened with the Tsunami. He said that they just go on with their lives as if nothing happened

UN-believable.

Something similar happened at my last regularly-attended. I waited until the closing prayer and then walked out a bit dazed. 'Course I didn't know then what I know now.

UN-freaking-believable.

Edited to add: Such utter ignorance. At work that is all I hear about. There is a collection being taken, too. And this just after people gave for charities (also thru work) after their holiday spending. A truly generous group. Such an ignorant group.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    He said that they didn't care what happened with the Tsunami. He said that they just go on with their lives as if nothing happened.

good grief. do these people own televisions? did he then go on to say how Jehovah's Witnesses demonstrate their compassion and understanding of this tragedy? i didn't think so. the most sickening thing about this and other cases is their penchant for using a horrible event as a springboard for their idiotic teachings. t'is they who are the callous, uncaring ones...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Then in his talk he began speaking of the world. He said that they didn't care what happened with the Tsunami. He said that they just go on with their lives as if nothing happened. There is no real love in the world.

Wow... I guess this guy doesn't pay much attention to the news.

• Nassau
    Nassau

Do not be surprised. My own father is a JW for more than 20 years and last Sunday his own mother died and he did not came to her funeral saying the life is going on with or without her! She gave all property and all of her best years to my father. But he failed even to a symbolic farewell to his own mother! Do you think they care about what happen far away in the Asia area?

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    But he failed even to a symbolic farewell to his own mother!

My JW mom did not attend her own mother's funeral. Also fought me when I was going to my grandfather's funeral. Her argument: "What's the point? They are dead, you know."

Social and emotional retardation. Not a clue.

• all_forgiving
    all_forgiving

Peggy-

You're heart and Soul spoke loud today. Welcome to the light and love of the whole Human race. The lives of others do matter. What good our we if we don't care and give to those in need?

To see the faces of the Children who lost their parents and to think of the fear that went through those to lose their lives hurts. Never will I turn my back on anyone.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

You know what gets me about that organization? They falsely accuse others of being EXACTLY how they prove that they are.

I have seen the exact same parallel with my ex-wife and her JW family. Just like this elder, they stood up in court and said things completely different from what I had evidence of. Then, without batting an eye, they carried on in the exact same way as they always have.

It seems delusional to me. Are they not even capable of seeing the reality?

Brad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit