Best Bible Translation?

by mywifeisaJW 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

The NIV is my favorite. But a good interlinear is very important to have on hand. Because then when you realize they totally changed the meaning of certain texts it shows it without a doubt in an interlinear.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

scholar For an Answer: Christian Apologetics - Hommel-BeDuhn John 1:1 Index Open this result in new window ... Robert Hommel and Jason BeDuhn. On John 1:1 and the New World Translation ... www.forananswer.org/Mars_Jw/ JB-RH.Jn1_1.Index.htm D Dog

• Quotes
    Quotes

I can't recall the name, but my father has a special 8 in 1 translation.

That is, eight different translations are all presented side-by-side, in different quadrants of the same page. A really useful tool for comparing, instantly, different translations.

~Quotes, of the "Now Reading Other, More Interesting, Works Of Fiction" class

• Justin
  • Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

My husband is a fading away JW.

So many years so many fights - oh thats my sad reality.

I feel that the Complete Jewish Bible translated by David H. Stern has helped alot because it uses lots of hebrew and has a glossary to tell you the many meanings and uses of each Hebrew word.

I think the NIV is the simpleton's bible and is not thought of well by the JW's so why even go there and I'm sure you already know what they say about the KJV...ugggh!

Good luck to you and don't fall under their voodoo spell.

Sometimes they say things to you so many times it actually starts to make sense in some odd way if you haven't taken your reality pill or had a good dose of caffeine to keep your mind sharp.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Thanks for posting Why Georgia, I'm sure you'll have an interesting perspective for us all. What seems to have gotten your husband to look at the organization critically?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

New English Bible and The American Standard Version are both good - but with a JW I would use the NWT

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Sixofnine

The thing that has most made my husband open his eyes is Bill Bowen & Silentlambs.

He made fun of the Catholic Church for years and now he sees this is an epidemic in his own backyard.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The thing that has most made my husband open his eyes is Bill Bowen & Silentlambs. He made fun of the Catholic Church for years and now he sees this is an epidemic in his own backyard.

Does he know of the UN Scandal also ? Calling them despicable names for years and then being in bed with them all along

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

WhyGeorgia?

the comment you made: I think the NIV is the simpleton's bible and is not thought of well by the JW's so why even go there and I'm sure you already know what they say about the KJV...ugggh!

I was just curious as to why you made this statement, because I think it is as good as the NWT...again just curious!
    =)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit