Best Bible Translation?

by mywifeisaJW 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I just don't think that the NIV is the best representation of what the words actually mean when put together.

Although it does give you the feeling of the bible and what its trying to say.....but then again so does the NWT.

Neither one if you read it is going to hurt you but if you really want to study I think you need the most accurate translation you can get.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

He does know about the UN Scandal because I have put it in front of him.

But honestly he thinks its just a set up and rationalizes it all.

Bill Bowen did it for him.

Jesus said protect the widows and the children.

The WTS doesn't protect children - it hides kiddie rapists and pays for their legal defenses.

Nasty.

Nasty.

Nasty.

• Triple A
    Triple A
    I just don't think that the NIV is the best representation of what the words actually mean when put together.

Why Georgia,

Why do you feel that the NIV is not the best representation of the words actually mean when put together?

What Bible do you feel is?

Triple A

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

I like the NIV, the NASB, and the New American Bible for Catholics (tho I don't care for the study notes)

Jaypeeto :-)

• mywifeisaJW
    mywifeisaJW

Well, we've started. I have a stack of Bibles by the bed, but I'm mostly using NIV to start. She, of course, is using NWT. I am reading aloud and following along silently in her version. We started with Matthew..with my travel schedule and other issues, we've only gotten through about 12 chapters. No reference to outside publications.

So far we haven't had too many bones of contention...(did have some discussion about what Matthew has to say about grounds for divorce and the ability to remarry)

My plan is to read through the New Testament in order...so any guidance as to what traps are coming? Any areas I should push when we get there?

My goal is to separate WT teachings from what the Bible really says (or at least seems to say).

Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit