Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

by Valis 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• Valis
    Valis

I really liked this movie and my 5 & 7 year olds didn't get bored with it at all.

Anyone else see it and like it?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Yes ... I took my JW neices (5 and 16) to see it last week. They loved it too! When "Lemony Snicket" released the first book in his series, critics said the books were awful and were too dark for kids to want to read. Turns out ... the only series that has sold more books to date is Harry Potter!

Funny story while we were out at the movie, my 16 year old neice was asking if I had seen a certain movie, but kept referring to it as "you know" because she didn't want to say the title in front of my younger neice. I could not think what movie she could possibly be referring to. I was trying to think of every rated R movie that has come out recently. Finally, I said ... "Just spell it, for heaven's sake!" Finally she said, "Have you seen h-a-r-r-y-p-o-t-t-e-r?" LOL! Poor kid! I told her that her mom and I used to watch Bewitched when we were kids and I cannot understand why Harry Potter is any worse.

Then, she told me her dirty little secret! She checked out a Harry Potter book from the library and has been reading it!

• simplesally
    simplesally

I wanna see it!!!!

• Xena
    Xena

Interesting movie, I was suprised at how much my daughter enjoyed it. Made her appreciate me more too...plus/plus

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

haven't seen it yet. My son has read a few of the books and says they are great...will probably wait until it comes to dvd though.

• Princess
    Princess

My son got the full set for Christmas. I read the first so I'd have some idea of the story when we went to see it. The books are great. I love how he defines the words for the kids and they cleverly worked that into the movie as well.

I liked the movie. I did fall asleep during the wedding though.

I've read all the Harry Potter books and have seen the three movies and Lemony Snicket does not compare IMO. However, it is a great series for kids. Much easier/faster read.

Good stuff. I'm sure we'll see more movies as they make them. In the meantime, I have ten more Lemony Snicket books to read...

• codeblue
    codeblue

Yes...we want to see that movie too, it looks so funny!!! We love Jim Carrey!!!

We saw "Meet the Focker's Part 2" and "National Treasure" this week...

for "National Treasure"....well worth the watch!!!

CodeBlue

• bem
    bem

Have not seen it yet but glad to hear the little ones liked it my grand-daughter will be 5 in March so she will probably like it.

• HICFlyGirl
    HICFlyGirl

I have a few words to say about the movie:

MmmmmKay, I did not read the books and did not know what was in store and was very depressed when I walked out of the movie theater,

The End

Salem

P.S. I must elaborate, I thought all Jim Carrey movies where funny, boooh hoooohhh. But it was a very good story line. If I only know what was in store, I would have loved the movie. It was my own fault. I recommend this story for its story line, BUT, not for it's funniness.

Thank You,

Salem

• under74
    under74

I saw it.....I found it kind of confusing because there was no build up of characters. My nephew says it only covered 3 books out of 11. Maybe that has something to do with it not making sense?....no, it made some sense- it's more like the way the movie was done didn't make me care.

Just my opinion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit