What is your experience as to buying Crisis of Conscience?

by Goldminer 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• researcher
    researcher

sorry , neo, not nero

• blondie
    blondie

If my circumstances had been different, I would have had them mailed to work and kept them there to read and then locked in my personal drawer.

• Stradman
    Stradman

In 1982 I read the brief interview with Ray that appeared in Time and was very curious about the incident but never had the courage to inquire further. Later in 1986 was invited to Bethel for a year and, although the wave created in the early eighties still rippled through Bethel, I still did not push the issue.

In the summer of 1998, after reading the Watchtower article on ?suffering for following the dictates of your own conscience,? I developed enough courage and entered Ray?s name in the Internet search engine. I came across Ray?s books and ordered them from Amazon to be delivered to my office. At the time I was the P.O. of a 175 publishers congregation.

I devoured the books and what followed was the greatest liberation of my life and also brought about the greatest pain. First, I stepped down from being P.O. A month later resigned as an elder altogether and in February, 1999 turned in a 14 page letter of disassociation.

Despite the fact that Ray?s writings are very candid and factual, they did not, however, lead me to Christ. The Holy Spirit did. But that is another story.

In Christ,

Stradman

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Thank you all for your stories and comments,they are very interesting and inspiring.Now i just need the courage to purchase In Search of Christian Freedom.

• Joyzabel
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I sent through the mail for it and told my wife it was research book - I could not put it down it was so enlightening - the scriptures are so true aren't they - and the truth will set you free. It is still on my bookshelf but not in a prominent position - I am not that confrontational

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I ordered it through Amazon, and had it shipped to my house. Mrs. Kwin was PISSED! So I said I would send it back. I didn't though. A year later she read it.

Kwin

• M.J.
    M.J.

Well, I have it sitting on the bookshelf ready for my wife to pick it up whenever she so desires. I won't push it I guess. As we were arguing one time about the validity of the WTS she told me that she read a small passage out of the book and that it was terrible, implying she wanted nothing to do with such "slander". Recently, however she accused me of being fearful of being open about certain religious issues for fear that I might be proven wrong. I countered that she could fire away at any subject, yet she's the one who has refused to be open about certain topics, which she denied. So I confirmed with her that no topic was off limits and she agreed. YES!!!! Eventually C of C will be on her horizon...

• researcher
    researcher

I think I have asked this before,,,,,,, but does anyone have an electronic version of those two books????

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

This should work...

Go to your local library with cash. Speak to the Librarian about donating to the library to purchase these two books. Wala! Now you can sneak off and read them at your leasure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit