Asian tragedy: not the "end of the world"...

by observador 15 Replies latest social current

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

NEO - Thanks for the link to AlanF 's article - was a good read

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    I'm curious to know how the JW's in Southeast Asia have been affected. Does anyone know how many, if any, Kingdom Halls were damaged/destroyed?

Not sure, but I bet the WTS is thrilled their wise fore-thought allotted only $1,000 building budget for each KH that was built in the area. They saved a fortune! Imagine if they spent $250,000+ on each hall! They'd have to ask for more donations!

Kwin

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Of course my mom,a die hard witness,couldnt help but bring up this tragedy to me.She still tries to use the age old tactic of guilt and fear hoping that someday i might return to "the truth".Its one of those things you cant prove,because she never actually brougt up the religion,and if I called her out on it,she'd say"youre paranoid",or its "my concious bothering me",or some whacked out statement.She doesnt understand that it was simply plates shifting underground that has been happening since the beggining of time,and if not for unprecedented media coverage of today,most probably wouldnt know as much about it.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I was going through Yahoo and found this article that has a quote from a JW in Cyprus. (First time trying to embed a page...)

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I'm curious to know how the JW's in Southeast Asia have been affected. Does anyone know how many, if any, Kingdom Halls were damaged/destroyed?

As posted earlier on another thread, no KH's and no branch offices nor WTS buildings of any kind suffered any reportable damage. Two JWs, both tourists on vacation, were reportedly drowned and two more dub vacationers may be missing. That's the latest report. There are, as you know if you review the annual report, very few dubs living in these largely Hindu/Bhuddist countries.

• justhuman
    justhuman

There is no end only a BEGING

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit