Summer JW Assembly Drama Picture

by JAVA 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

For all who took real vacations or saved money for college tuition instead of attending this year's summer assemblies, I'm providing a public service. Here is what you missed in order to make it into the New System of Things:

--JAVA
    counting time at the Coffee Shop

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Oh my God!!!!

OSAMA BIN LADEN IS A JW!!!!!! AND HIS BEARD IS FAKE!!!!

Reagan

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• LDH
    LDH

ROFLMAO

Lisa

• riz
    riz

hahaha JAVA

Yep, that looks about right. Snoozefest.

By the way, those ridiculous beards in the 'dramas'(to use the term loosely LOL) crack me up. But they also make me wonder why JW's aren't allowed to have beards even though Jesus and all those other dudes had them. Curious indeed.

riz

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

ROFLMAO!!!

Can't you get DF'd for wearing a FAKE beard too??

Slipnslidemaster: "But at my back I always hear Time's winged chariot hurrying near."
    - Andrew Marvell

• TR
    TR

What about cheap rugs and wigs? Is the WTS OK with them?[8>]

TR

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every
    form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson*

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

riz & slip: Cracking me up!

Does anyone remember the Job drama? (t's been 15 years ago at *least*.)

Sitting in the nosebleeds, we could hardly see anything, but there were these great, shiny things stuck to "Job" -- I suppose they were the 'boils.'

My sister, very young at the time, asked my Mom if she could go down and meet 'Job.' When Mom asked why, she said, "I want to know if he'll give me some of his M&Ms."

We died laughing over that one; still tease her about it today.

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• JAVA
    JAVA

You guys are cracking me up with your comments. Booze Rutherford did everything he could to get rid of the bearded-Russell look when he bamboozled his way into the presidency. It didn't take long before brothers learned to shave and drink in order to please the new pope. That Rutherford legacy remains to this day, except for the summer dramas.

I was one of the stooges in the Ruth drama at the Cincinnati, Ohio assembly (around 1969, '70 or '71). I can't tell you the number of hours involved in rehearsals and expense (yeah, we paid for the costume, not the Tower) for the Watchtower's dog and pony show. One male suggested he could grow a beard for the part, but that was shot down because it might stumble new ones at his Kingdom Hall. It's hard to believe we were that stupid, isn't it?

--JAVA
    counting time at the Coffee Shop

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Stupid Jesus, what did he know about beards?

No wonder Rutherford didn't know if the "Princes" came back or not, they all had beards too!

Slipnslidemaster: "But at my back I always hear Time's winged chariot hurrying near."
    - Andrew Marvell

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Slipnslidemaster,

But Prince is now a JW. Could it be a sign? French telephones and red leather chairs sound like Prince's style to me . . .

"I could see at a glance that he was not David. He didn't look like I knew David would look." -- J.F. Rutherford

At Beth Sarim (House of Princes) as Rutherford has named his mansion, David will find the most modern appliances that science has devised. When the distinguished guests walk up the circular stairway to the second floor, they will find a large office with red leather chairs and shiny flat topped desk with inverted lighting. Even French telephones await the touch of the princes. Opening a wide door, the native sons of Palestine will behold a large bathroom, resplendent in shiny black tile with needle shower and an amply filled medicine chest. What a thrill giant shouldered Samson, who wrecked a palace with his bare fists might find in the gold safety razor and strop! Rutherford built the second floor bedroom, which he temporarily occupies, large in order to accommodate several of the expected owners.

Ginny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit