just curious, whats wrong with the smurfs?

by embeth2525 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Hey, I've got an idea! Anyone out there with a Smurf doll should put it up for auction on E-bay. Claim that this was THE Smurf that got up and walked out of the Kingdom Hall!

I mean, if someone can sell a cane that's supposedly attached to a ghost, I guess you can sell just about anything!

GH

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Because they SMACK of spiritism (the WTS new favorite phrase).

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

My sister-in-law swears that "Smurf" means "demon," backwards, in French. All she has to do is look up "demon" in an English to French dictionary to learn that, in French, the word for "demon," is, are you ready.... " Démon!" And yet the rumors persist.

• troucul
    troucul

Here's a thought: Smurfs, as a few of you know originated in Belgium, a french speaking country (Les Schtroumpfs). The Smurfs are also one of the more popular comic strips in France. Is it possible that this rumor of smurf demonism was encouraged by the borg itself in retaliation for France's attitude toward evangelical cults? And wouldn't France's tax levied on dubs qualify as retaliation against them for lost sales, wages, etc., resulting from the dub's ban on smurfs?

Anyone? Hmmm? Hmmm?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

whats wrong with the smurfs?
    dunno, are they sick?

• blondie
    blondie
    Here's a thought: Smurfs, as a few of you know originated in Belgium, a french speaking country (Les Schtroumpfs). The Smurfs are also one of the more popular comic strips in France. Is it possible that this rumor of smurf demonism was encouraged by the borg itself in retaliation for France's attitude toward evangelical cults? And wouldn't France's tax levied on dubs qualify as retaliation against them for lost sales, wages, etc., resulting from the dub's ban on smurfs?

Anyone? Hmmm? Hmmm?

You're joking, right? The smurf legends have been around long before the WTS tax levy by the French government. Blondie

• embeth2525
    embeth2525

OH WOW !!! like this is so like totaly awsome!!!! hehehehehehehe!!!!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

embeth,

I missed the smurf JW smurf era, but when my daughter was young there was a ban on "care bears" in our area. While these toys and cartoons may appear innocent (it was said) they were leading children towards demonism, because one bear had a four leaf clover on it I believe and the another had a valentine's heart on it (something along those lines). While the strictest of JWs heeeded this warning I think even a few JWs thought this was a bit of a stretch . I was new then and was trying my hardest to be a good little borg, so we didn't have any care bears around--just in case. The Disney movie "the little mermaid" was also causing quite a stir in the congos in our area. Too much magic involved in that movie it was thought, and it was also believed that some of the kids were displaying unusual interest in this movie and wanting to possess some of the Disney toys which were put out then of characters in the movie. Of course this was a sure sign that this movie had something to do with Satan's influence and there was a lot of paranoia around that one too. JWs really need to get a life.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Gossip and slander are the only forms of recreation that aren't approved and won't get them disfellowshipped.

Take that away and they might stop flapping their lips. Everyone knows what happens next, just ask Ford Prefect: "If they stop talking their brains will start working."

Of course, he wasn't talking about Jehovah's Witnesses?. He was talking about people in general and, after determining the viewpoint was needlessly obstructive, he revised it. It applies very well to JWs, however.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit