Banned from the Kingdom Hall?

by devinsmom 28 Replies latest jw friends

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

I will stick around, and I would luv to help him but I dont know how, he is the most devout JW I have ever known, and very stubborn, knows everything, very controlling type, suggestions would be appreciated!-april

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Will he accept reading material other than what is printed by the WTS?

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

dunno, doubt it

• mustang
    mustang

"They called the police? Aren't witnesses supposed to take care of their business among themselves?"

"Actually, in this area, the brothers have been told not to physically remove people from the hall but to call the police. "

This has always been practice, if not policy. As I recollect, Macmillan related in "Faith on the March" that Rutherford instructed him to "call a cop" when the board members that were ousted from the Watchtower (~1918) came to the building that Macmillan was overseeing. This is a practical and smart way to handle disturbances, else somebody could get accused of assault or some form of vigilantism. It follows from the legalisms the WTS follows as far as it is to their advantage (before bending the spirit of the laws to fit their needs when it doesn't confer advantage.)

"..yeah I think they would call the police. "

I know they would. This takes advantage of trespass laws and lets the KH/eLDERs/(those in authority @ the local site) use the civil authority to their advantage. I have been picked up by police (along with a CO in FS); the PO came looking for us. They whipped out their "Defending & Establishing the Good News" and other reference material and cited legal precedent. The police supervisors came and the matter was referred to the City Attorney for consideration. Afterwards the comments made to me (by CO/PO) were basically "use the law and the police until it gets in your way; then call Brooklyn's lawyers in".

Research through such materials as "Defending" will doubtless show that such is policy.

Mustang

• Badger
    Badger

Sounds like a great Springsteen title:

Baaaaaanned from the King-dom Hall, I was

Baaaaaanned from the Kind-dom Hall, yeah

Keep fighting, sis!

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

yeah more like,

BOOOOORED IN THE KINGDOM HALL,

FELL ASLEEP IN THE KINGDOM HALL

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    They'd have to call the National Guard to get me in a Kingdom Hall.

Awesome...

I'm a corrections officer and I haven't been doing it long enough to get assigned to the crew that takes the "brothers" in prison to the assemblies yet but you bet your ass I'm going to volunteer! All my old "friends" see me walking around in uniform big sam brown on my hip at the assembly! I'm laughing my ass off just thinking about it! As I've never been Df'ed or anything either I figure on my break I'll go up and talk to all of them like nothing is going on.... lol

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Devinsmom

It's good news really that your dad has been banned - give him time, perhaps he will see them for what they really are. If he would be prepared to read other material I'm sure that many here would agree with me that Ray Franz books are really the way to open his eyes.

SheilaM

I can well believe your husband's situation, with the back problem. My husband had a similar experience. He was in great pain suffering from an "exploded disk" when an elder called to our home and asked if he had managed to get to the circuit assembly. He (hubby) was lying on a mattress on the floor at the time (4 months) and could only get up with assistance !!

On returning to the KH he found that the only privilege he had (carrying the microphone)- was taken from him,,,,,,,,,,,,when he questioned the elders he was told his monthly hours were inconsistent.

twink

• heathen
    heathen

I would think typically the kingdom hall is private property and they can have security that can remove people for disturbing the peace or various other civil matters .I'm surprised watchtower legal hasn't looked into it .

LMAO@badger ------ You had me singing to the tune of born in the USA ...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit