Anyone practice yoga?

by seawolf 16 Replies latest social physical

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

What do you understand by yoga? From what I see in advertisements I think there is no plain yoga offered but a mixture of gymnastics and meditaton in different forms.

I was once enlisted in a course called "Zen-Workout" which contained yoga. Felt good. I recommend.

• gumby
    gumby

German.....actually I think good old fashion exercise...such as arobics is hard to beat. Excercise releases endorphines which make you feel good all over, whereas Yoga focuses more on the mind .

Gumby

Mega.....lol. I wished I could bend that much....I'd never leave the house!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

You're Gumby dammit. If Dan can do it, you can. lol.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

A lot of health problems in older people stem from a loss of flexibility. However, it isn't just older people who can benefit from yoga. The excercises do relieve a lot of tension, some of which you may not even be aware of. As you progress, your increased flexibility will make you feel better in any activity, whether hiking on a mountain trail, or just finding a comfortable position in a chair. I do a lot of aerobic excercises, and yoga helps me to move more fluidly, maintain better balance, etc. I recommend it.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I still have a lot of phobias regarding things that have to do with clearing the mind. Phobic, phobic, phobic! Therefore, I don't see me looking into yoga anytime soon.

DY

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Seawolf! I am thinking of starting, also. I have a tape that a friend gave me........on the same note, my ex husband used to give a public talk about meditation and did a whole background commentary about the different kinds such as TM, etc.........even then I used to sit there and think how arrogant and uneducated it was of JW's to tell people that it was demonized......my close friend (worldly) told me that she was doing TM and it was relaxing and gave her extra energy during her day. I find your comment about getting hit upside the head with a Bible amusing, as the "official" reason for disfellowshipping me was "spiritism"..........I was doing research on horoscopes, etc......my own husband turned me in. Terri

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I need to get back to doing yoga...I only did it a little bit, but, what I did felt very good. And I am a very fat chickadee...so if there are moves I can do, anyone can.

I suggest getting Yoga for Dummies...it is good light reading and well written. I bought the accompanying cd, it is beginner pace, and like it.

In fact, I may start tomorrow....my only excuse has been because there are so many people at my house all the time I have felt embarrassed...well..screw that...I think I will make the kids do it with me hahah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit