death of a friends child; funeral obligation

by franklin J 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ko38
    ko38

I am very very sad to hear that.They will at least have your support and that of others as well as seeing all those that loved the child and knew him come to the service.Lets hope there is something else out there for him.

• morty
    morty

(((((((Franklin & Family)))))))

I am truly sorry for your grief.....

I will say a pray for you and your friends....

There really are no words for the loss of a child...

I had the expirence of laying a child to rest.I was 14 when this happened. He( Christopher) was 6 when he passed(sufficated when feed bags fell on him.He was playing in an abanded feed mill.I was suppose to be babysitting him that night but ended up being trouble with the congo and was told I was not allowed to babysit that evening and had to return right home from school instead of going to look after him that night.) To this day, I still think someone upstairs was looking after me that night. The burdan that I would have carried with me all my life if I was babysitting that bight would have killed me.

It was also my first "wordly" funeral.That was over 22 years ago and I still have a hard time thinking about that night and ask myself "why?" all the time.More so since I have become a parent.

With this being the time of year it is all well, will not make it any easyer.Just be there for them.Hold them if they need to be held.The compassionate person that you are though, I know you will do the right thing.

Sometimes at these very tender situations though, we all need to be affirmed that were doing/saying the right thing....

Thinking of you....

Morty

• Special K
    Special K

You summed it up in this one line Franklin

we can only hug them and grieve with them

Sometimes that is all we can do..grieve with them.

It is truly a tragedy when ones child dies before the parents. It's an unnatural order of events in ones life.

big friend hug franklin,

Special K

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

be strong for them and yourself, and know that while you only can hug them and mourn with them - in fact it is comforting them that you be there for them.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Another awful story...

Yes, just being there really matters even if it doesn't help.

• Roski
    Roski

So sorry to hear of your friend's loss. It will be during the coming months that your friends will value the support you give them.

• bebu
    bebu

((((franklin))))

I have a 5-yr old, and she is really more like a 3- or 4-year old. The thought of the frailty of life, how so quickly we can lose our dearest treasures, is hard to really grasp. I would as soon lose my girl as lose my head. Truly, I would prefer to lose my head.

Life is full of great and terrible things. The great things are more precious on account of the terrible.

God bless their dear little child, a tender and sweet flower.

God bless their aching and longing hearts, and give them, and you, a way to find comfort in this grief.

bebu

• pratt1
    pratt1

Franklin, heartfelt sympathies goes out to you and your family and friends family in dealing with this tragic loss.

Something like this really makes you appreicate your family and loved ones even more.

Give your children an extra tight hug tonight, especially Caroline.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Thank you all for your supportive responses; the death of a child-any child-transcends religious differences and cuts us all.

The services and the funeral at the cemetary were unreal; like every parents nightmare.

As my wife and I stepped away toward our car, sobbing; she said " we get to leave here and go home; poor Janine and Tom have to stay and live with this nightmare." Again; all we could do is hug them and grieve with them. It was the worst thing I have ever had to do.

thank you all again for your support.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Sorry I'm late on this one :

it's Sad ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit