death of a friends child; funeral obligation

by franklin J 29 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

A friend of mine just lost his young 4 year son in a sleigh accident. The child ( the same age as my young Caroline) sledded down the front hill of his property into the path of an on coming school bus. Terrible tragedy.

My wife and I ; who have known them for some time; must attend the service this eveing. There is nothing we could ever do or say to bring any kind of relief to these poor souls. We are sending food and liquor ( they have 2 other small children); but other than that and our precsence at the service; there is nothing .

At least when an elderly person passes on; you can justify that this is the natural order; and they had a good life to celebrate. But the loss of a child is horrific;no rhyme or reason.

My poor friends; we can only hug them and grieve with them.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I am so sorry. What a horrible tragedy.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Angharad
    Angharad

Oh that is so awful - I can't begine to imagine how they must feel.

Poor little one

is nothing we could ever do or say to bring any kind of relief to these poor souls

I'm sure they will appreciate you just being there with them

(((( franklin )))

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I feel very sad for you and your dear friends.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Oh my goodness that is terrible. I hope they have a 1000 people come, I don't know why, but it seems to help validate a life when many show up.

Life for these poor people will never be the same.

You are good friends by being there in whatever way you can.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

My thoughts and prayers are with this family. I couldn't begin to understand their loss being I have no children of my own, but my heart aches for this family greatly. So sorry.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

It feels better to be able to say something about seeing the deceased loved one again.

But it is also great deal to show that they are not alone in their grief.

This is sad, so sad...

• Preston
    Preston

I'm very sorry frankin....

That was very gracious of you to attend

- Preston

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

That is so tragic.

I think it's important to be there in the coming weeks and months when things get lonely and the cards stop coming. This is so sad.

• Fleur
    Fleur

oh my god. As someone whose child was injured on a sled (seriously injured; shattered bone; could have broken her neck) at exactly that age when the relative she was with made a bad decision (hubby and I were NOT with her or it never would have happened) this story cuts right through to my heart. I also knew of another child that died on a sled near here, at the same park and hill that my daughter was injured on. Sometimes people don't realize how dangerous sleds can be. I feel so sorry for the parents.

I am so, so saddened by this. You are a good friend to be there for them. I can't imagine what they are going through.

At least when an elderly person passes on; you can justify that this is the natural order; and they had a good life to celebrate. But the loss of a child is horrific;no rhyme or reason.
    this is so true. It's one of the reasons that I struggle so hard with believing that there is a god...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit