Repost - Disturbing Assembly Program - Obey Organizational Direction

by truthseeker 54 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    I love the Watchtower gladly tells us what the Bible MEANS when they didn't even freaking write it.

Write it? Those mother F*ckers haven't even READ it!!!!

• IT Support
    IT Support

Truthseeker,

In one of Saturday mornings talks (I forget which one), they said we should ignore desires to get the wisdom of the world through higher education. They repeated this twice throughout that talk. It's better to get the wisdom from God rather than go to centers of higher learning.

Thanks for mentioning that. I suspect that the GB feels they've become too lax over allowing youngsters to go to university, and that's why so few are pioneering and so many are leaving. So they are increasingly 'encouraging' pioneering and 'discouraging' higher education.

I think the change possibly began with the talk " Youths?Build for the Future With Jehovah?s Organization" at the 2003 conventions, and a new tract:

The third day of the convention was marked by the release of a special tract entitled Youths?What Will You Do With Your Life? Designed to help young Witnesses to make right decisions regarding their future, this new tract gives Scriptural advice on building an everlasting career in Jehovah?s service. *** w03 1/15 p. 26 "Zealous Kingdom Proclaimers" Joyfully Assemble ***
    The part entitled "Youths?Build for the Future With Jehovah?s Organization" addressed this question: How can a young person really get the best out of life? This is not possible by pursuing money, possessions, and prestige... And how beneficial it was to receive the new tract, Youths?What Will You Do With Your Life?, designed to help young Witnesses to lay the foundation for an everlasting future with Jehovah?s organization! *** w03 1/15 p. 27 "Zealous Kingdom Proclaimers" Joyfully Assemble ***

Perversely, I hope they continue to become even stricter, and demonise higher education, for by being so totalitatian it will help youngsters to see just how evil WT really is.

XQ,

Around here the message was to go to school. But you did say university so most likely they mean some type of JC or trade school since universities seem to offer feilds the WTS has no use for outside of Law, medicine, egineering, and arcitecture.

For some reason the GB don't mind kids going to college and learning a trade, to be a joiner or plumber, etc, but they are highly suspicious of university education. Perhaps because none of them (I'm assuming) have been to university themselves...

the first was a talk about all these people that were educated giving up their high paying jobs... to pioneer and take care of elderly retired pioneers and ex-cos.

This gets me really angry. If people have given their lives to work for the Watchtower Society, it should look after them in their old age and it shouldn't try to palm off the responsibility to congregations. Irrespective of how misguided they may have been, such ones have sacrificed a salary and a pension throughout their working lives: the least they should expect is to be cared for when they're no longer able to work, not to be forgotten and thrown aside like a worthless toy. Or does

. . ."?Before gray hair you should rise up, and you must show consideration for the person of an old man, and you must be in fear of your God. I am Jehovah. (Leviticus 19:32)

not apply to the Watchtower Society? The Society's attitude is:

. . .In the city my own priests and my own old men have expired, While they had to look for something to eat for themselves that they might refresh their soul. (Lamentations 1:19)

Hypocrites.

Regards,

Ken

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I have to tell you folks that after being out so long, any type of interaction with an active JW is annoying and fatiguing. It does try one's patience to hear the same old rhetoric we used to listen and repeat ourselves in the past.

At the funeral, one locally annointed brother (Richard Hardy, Park View Congregation, Cranston, RI) who is a postal worker by day and an overseer, approached me at the services and pulled me aside to say "Mario, I want to talk with you for a moment, it's about the brothers who are concerned for you".

So, I did not say anything and just listened, and then came the ridiculous garbage; "before I say anything I just want you to know I am NOT trying to have spiritual fellowship with you,OK?". I still said nothing and then he mentioned some brothers (elders) that I studied with and helped get baptized, are concerned about me and were asking about my condition. Funny, those brothers never came by the hospital.

Anyway, as each witness passed thru the line offering a quiet handshake, most of them not saying anything at all, and those that spoke only said something about Jehovah, or new system or some other typical garbage, I could not help but get sick, nauseous and disgusted with the abject stupidity, robotic behavior and cult-like patterns all of these fools project in person.

I was so sorry I did not make a formal announcement in the newspaper about a closed service and no JW's. I just wanted to share this because some have mentioned attending one of the assemblies and wondering what it would be like to be there in person and listen to that garbage, and I think it would make any of us ill within minutes and we would just have to leave out of self-respect.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

LMFAO @ Mary, jeebuz that was funny, I had tears in my eyes!

I'm w/Willy on this one. I'd go to that assmebly in a heartbeat

• jws
    jws
    The illustration was given that a brother could mistakenly say to a householder that 100 million people have died of Aids, when in reality it is about 35 million. If the householder is knowledgeable about the subject, or indeed, any subject the publishers brings up where he gets his information wrong, the householder will call into account other things publisher may have said.

How about when a "brother" says Jerusalem was overthrown in 607 BC and the householder is knowledgeable about the subject and knows in reality it was 586 or 587 BC? Of course I will call into question other things the "publisher" has said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit