Repost - Disturbing Assembly Program - Obey Organizational Direction

by truthseeker 54 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Sorry about the double post, I had problems with the computer....

Before I go into some parts of the program, here is the program for the following weekend.

Circuit Assembly Program 2004-2005

Theme: Be Guided by ?the Wisdom From Above? ? James

SATURDAY

Morning

Music

Song No. 41 and Prayer

?The Fear of Jehovah Is the Beginning of Wisdom?

Theocratic

Song No. 42 and Announcements

True Wisdom Gives Forth Its Voice

Dedication and Baptism

Song No. 202

Afternoon

Music

Song No.88

Experiences

Manifesting ?the Wisdom From Above? in Our Life

· Wisdom From Above Is First Of All Chaste

· Doing Our Part In Being Peaceable

· Being Reasonable in Our Decision Making

· Be ?Ready to Obey? Organizational Direction

Song No.73 and Announcements

Additional Aspects of the Wisdom From Above

Speak God?s Wisdom as Paul Did

Song No.34 and Prayer

SUNDAY

Morning

Music

Song No.158 and Prayer

Acquiring True Wisdom by Examining the Scriptures Daily

Pursue the Things That Are Upbuilding

· Not All Things Build Up

· At Congregation Meetings

· In Our Ministry

· Within The Family Circle

Song No.65 and Announcements

Watchtower Summary

Giving Attention to the Needs of the Circuit

Song No.25

Afternoon

Music

Song No.10 and Prayer

Public Address:

?How Godly Wisdom Benefits Us?

Song No.97 and Announcements

?Do Not Become Wise in Your Own Eyes?

Acting Upon Divine Wisdom Safeguards Us

Song No.45 and Prayer

There are some disturbing elements of this program, and some unusual ones.

First of all, each time the program was to begin with music, the brother announced that ?special music was going to be played directly from the Branch.?

The talk on Saturday Morning at ?The Fear of Jehovah Is the Beginning of Wisdom? was pointedly telling us, ?Are you regressing in Jehovah?s service? Are we allowing materialism and Satan?s attractions of this world to slow us down?? If we are an elder or a ministerial servant, are we ignoring our responsibilities and assignments?

Are we accurate in what we say to people at the doors?

The illustration was given that a brother could mistakenly say to a householder that 100 million people have died of Aids, when in reality it is about 35 million. If the householder is knowledgeable about the subject, or indeed, any subject the publishers brings up where he gets his information wrong, the householder will call into account other things publisher may have said.

The Dedication and Baptism talk at began with a most unusual comment. The speaker said to all those getting baptized, that over the years, persons who have sat in your seats who were getting baptized have now left the truth and are a dim memory in the minds of those who know them.

Perhaps the most disturbing talk of all was the symposium, ?Manifesting the Wisdom From Above? In our Life.

The feature, ?Be Ready to Obey Divine Instruction? was eerie.

The speaker actually said, and I quote, ?we should obey every direction that the faithful slave gives us, because Jehovah is using them.?

Individuals appeared on the stage and told the audience how they ?obeyed the direction of the faithful slave? when they responded to the call to pioneer or reach out to become a ministerial servant.

In other words, being ?ready to obey divine instruction? means responding to their call for full time workers in whatever capacity the Society needs them.

This highly manipulative approach will strengthen the hold the Society has on those who are unable to head straight for the door marked, ?Exit?.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Do Not Become Wise in Your Own Eyes

I'd be willing to bet that the GB, Service Department, Writing Department and the WTS in general does not apply this to themselves.

• troucul
    troucul

sometimes I think to myself how wonderful it would be to go to the assembly and listen to this garbage in person.

then I would walk out laughing, and before I walk out the door, light up a cigarette and yell out "you guys are a bunch of knuckleheads".

I don't know, there's dozens of scenarios I run through in my mind. maybe I just have too much free time...

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I couldn't listen to this crap; instead, I'd rather throw a tail-gate-party.

• Eric
    Eric

truthseeker,

I've been off of this board for months and months due to computerlessness, I log back on and find out immediately just how this place is a fount of needed info! Well done!

over the years, persons who have sat in your seats who were getting baptized have now left the truth and are a dim memory in the minds of those who know them.
    · Within The Family Circle

I need to know truthseeker, did they ramp up the warnings against socializing with family who have DA'd from the witnesses? Good Lord, I hope they just leave that dog lie.

After years of a strained frostiness between me and my parents and some of my sibs, getting only the most urgent of family news, in the summer of 2003, it all miraculously changed.

I was invited to a wedding, sat about for two days and had drinkies and caught up, my mother visited in the fall and we took a trip to the Hockey Hall of Fame together, been invited up to their house for a family barbeque or two, poured over old photo albums together and just plain acted like a relatively normal family. It has been just great.

There was no preaching, no judgementalism, no urging me to join them at the Kingdom Hall when I would stay overnight on a Sunday morning, nothing. And in return I never probed the issue as to the new, open, 'let's be cool' stance my family had taken. For me, that old dog could just stay sleeping over there.

I'm invited up to my parents again this weekend. There is going to be a big turkey dinner, and sibs of mine both 'in and 'out of the truth will be there. Not that it's a Chistmas dinner mind you, it's just that a lot of us have some time off from work, and turkeys are readily available at a good price doncha know, wink, wink.

I don't know if this assembly has been held in my parents area yet.

Do they come down on associating feely with us 'lost ones'? Am I to be a dim memory, yet again? Should I steel myself for some Theocratically subversive warfare?

I'll be crushed, my parents may just throw up their hands if they turn this screw one more time.

Eric

• jfischer2
    jfischer2

I would like everyone to know that most Christians and non Christians in the world consider Jehovah's Witnesses to be cult members. You people blindly follow what you're told. You're given unbelievably messed up versions of the bible and told things that are simply unbelievable. Being a Christian is great! I am one! But you guys should research the bible (not just their version) and see for yourself. What you're being told is a load of crap!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao... dude... we are ex-Jehovah's Witnesses.

• jfischer2
    jfischer2

okay, totally didn't know

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

That much is obvious.

jfischer2, you're welcome to stay here, but first you might want to look (and read) before you throw thunderbolts.

• Namasti
    Namasti

Eric-- I also wonder what the latest directive is now for DF'd people. Sometimes my sibs welcome me with open arms, then it just changes--Been like that for years. I always know that it's probably because something came down at the Assemblies.

I agree with the comment--sometimes I would like to seat through the assemblies and just laugh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit