mediator ozziepost

by lurk 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunbeam
    Sunbeam

Hi Ozzie

Thanks for the additional info. I've already thought that refuting the 144,000 doctrine might be my best bet, which is obviously linked to the Mediator doctrine. I've looked at the passage that Blondie posted and can't get it to make any sense. How can Jesus be a High Priest but not a Mediator? It's making my brain go cross-eyed.

I'm also aware that we're just exchanging proof texts. I'm convinced by my viewpoint and she's convinced by hers. Would I change my mind even if she could prove I was wrong? Probably not, because of the huge body of evidence against the WT. She thinks similarly about my interpretation of the Bible. As I said before, I'm just trying to show that a logical alternative viewpoint exists. The WT does have chinks in its logic armour, that are difficult to discern from the inside - especially if you've believed they are the best thing that has happened to you for the past 30 years.

Thanks again for replying. I don't expect you to keep answering, but if you do I'd be interested to know if you believe in the Trinity and how you became convinced as a former JW (sorry, I'm still in Trinity mode - this tape has been good in that it's really got me thinking about it, especially the person of the Holy Spirit).

Enjoy your holidays.

Gillian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit