• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I just thought of some more....

Wolves = Woofs

Washington = Warshington

Theater = Thee - ater

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

How about "it's a MUTE point" instead of a MOOT point!! that one drives me crazy..

Another is more of a typing issue....."tomarrow" and "congradulations" ERG......

• Descender
    Descender

There was an elder in the congregation I grew up in that was from Maine, although I don't know if that had anything to do with his particular dialect. But all the long A's and AH's at the end of his words turned into ER's when he pronounced them. Such as Jehovah turned into Jehover, as well as names such as Anna and Jessica turned into Anner and Jessicer. His public talks and prayers were funny just because of the way he pronounced Jehover throughout the talk.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Does anybody remember the Bowery Boys series/movies? They were hilarious in their mis-pronunciations. "Quick, grab me that there Fire Distinguisher"

At a young age, I thought the Grand Prix racing series was Grand Pricks. Got sent to the Principal's Office for that one.

And I had a Grandmother who couldn't pronunce Schlitz to save her life. Anybody here like to drink an ice cold Schitz??

• Fleur
    Fleur
    How about "it's a MUTE point" instead of a MOOT point!! that one drives me crazy..

Another is more of a typing issue....."tomarrow" and "congradulations" ERG......

I like Joey's version from Friends "It's a Moo point. You know, like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter." LOL

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

"I could care less" No, you couldn't!

"For all intensive purposes" That makes no sense, should be "for all intents and purposes".

People who say "sickth" for "sixth", "excape" for "escape", "noo-cyoo-lar" for "nuclear" and so on

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit