Ray Franz.

by Englishman 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I typed "Ray Franz" into my WT CD library. This is what was in the Kingdom Ministry of August, 1980:

Announcements

• Literature offer for August: Two of the older 50-cent books for $1.00. This does not include Choosing, Commentary on James, Family Life, Truth or School Guidebook. If your congregation has any 384-page books in stock, special efforts should be made to use these first. September: HOPE tract along with any pocket-size book. October: Awake! subscription for $2.50. November: My Book of Bible Stories.

• As soon as the AUGUST report is compiled, the form (S-10) for supplying the Society with the activity of the congregation should be completed and sent promptly to the Society. Be sure to double check all information for accuracy. Keep the duplicate in the congregation file.

• Pioneer report cards and forms for use by the congregation during the coming year are being mailed in August.

• The Literature Inventory forms should be completed and forwarded to the Society no later than September 6.

• This is a notification that Raymond Victor Franz is no longer a member of the Governing Body and of the Brooklyn Bethel family as of May 22, 1980.

• A memorandum concerning American citizenship is being sent to each congregation. Any publisher desiring information on the subject can see the secretary of the congregation.

• Frequent requests are received by the Society for regular pioneers to be given a leave of absence due to health or other reasons. There is no arrangement for regular pioneers to take a "leave" from the pioneer work, but what is available to one who becomes sick for a short period of time is explained in the insert of the February, 1978, Our Kingdom Service.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I was long gone by 1980. However, I'm curious as to whether anyone can remember what sort of reaction followed amongst the R & F after this announcement? It must have really rocked the boat!

Englishman.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

? A memorandum concerning American citizenship is being sent to each congregation. Any publisher desiring information on the subject can see the secretary of the congregation. ???? Whats the story behind that Announcement

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I'm guessing that had to do with the citizenship oath... for a while JWs could not naturalize as American citizens because the citizenship oath included a pledge to bear arms. I don't know what exactly the Society did about that subject in 1980, however.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Ok that explains it. I just couldn´t think of any reason for it. Thanks

Lazy

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

• This is a notification that Lloyd Barry, John Booth, Fred Franz, George Gangas, Milton Henschel, Karl Klein, and Lyman Swingle are no longer members of the Governing Body and of the Brooklyn Bethel family because they all died since Raymond Victor Franz walked away from them on May 22, 1980.
  • seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow
    I was long gone by 1980. However, I'm curious as to whether anyone can remember what sort of reaction followed amongst the R & F after this announcement? It must have really rocked the boat!

Englishman

I'm sure it did Eman, but I was shocked to find out about it for the first time many years after the fact. I'm just sure the elders were informed of it but I obviously wasn't one to scour the KM for announcements and I never heard a word.

I actually heard about Randy Watters quite a bit, but never Ray Franz!

Amazing.

• one
    one

Shortly after the fact TIME MAGAZINE published an article with picture showing Raymond Franz, i dont like the tie ray was wearing...

• sandy
    sandy
    Shortly after the fact TIME MAGAZINE published an article with picture showing Raymond Franz, i dont like the tie ray was wearing...

Does anyone know the issue date of this magazine?

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Does anyone know the issue date of this magazine?

Feb. 22, 1982, p. 66:

alt

• PinTail
    PinTail

Yes, they have all gone Sorvacore Clingon Hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit