Ozzie's Weekend Poll #123

by ozziepost 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

How's this weekend going for you? Stinking hot downunder - and humid too. Really draining weather - y'know what I mean?

A highlight was a bottle of 1997 shiraz from the Margaret River region of Western Australia. Did it kick!! But just slid down the thraot. Sorry, I don't just taste! Did Ozzie drink? You bet!

I'm going off my own topic, so here it is, a poll question to finish your weekend. The question is:

What was your main purpose in your field service?

1. To make disciples.

2. To "place" magazines.

3. To get my time in.

4. To get to work with that beautiful sister I fancied.

5. As above but for a cool guy.

6. To get the elders off my back.

7. To qualify for more 'privileges'.

8. To check out the best houses in the territory.

9. To get to talk to someone.

10. Don't know.

11. Other (please detail)

As always, we're looking forward to your responses. Enjoy.

Cheers, Ozzie

• blondie
    blondie

#1 to make disciples

Seriously....

I never liked placing literature; I found people had not read it anyway. I studied with many a person using only the Bible, and their own Bible to boot.

I stopped going out when I realized I did not want anyone to join the WT and be trapped like me.

Blondie

• onacruse
    onacruse

I was on a mission from God, convinced that I had the one and only true answer to the meaning of life, and that the best thing I could do as a human being was to share that knowledge with other unfortunately deprived people.

Several years before I was DFd, I stopped "turning in time," asking for or accepting "donations," or blatantly offering literature.

Craig (of the "it's darn cold up here in the Pacific NW" class LOL)

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Boredom. It was the only thing I was allowed to do, and it was fun when you were out crusing around with some ofthe other guys, talking about football and making return visits on a Sundy afternoon.

CZAR

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

lol Ozzie, I love your weekend polls. At least you make me think about what I used to do robotically.

I think I went through all the answers at one time. (well, not for pretty girls but guys to go out in service with.)

Being a true believer, I did feel I was delievering God's message? but I also was trying to gain privileges. It did look good to have X number of hours, placements, RVs etc. and rank of pioneer?, bethelite? or elder's wife? to help define who I was. *sheesh* (I got lost as a human being, though.)

One of the biggest things that helped wake me up was the observing the treatment of people within that organization and wondering how anyone can justify treating people sometimes and still call themselves "christians".

*getting down off of soapbox*

Have a good weekend.

Joy

• Undecided
    Undecided

I felt an obligation to go, to whom I don't really know. It was just my life then.

Ken P.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

11. Because my parents insisted. (that time 10mags = 1pac marlboro so ....)

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

11. None ... So I didn't !

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

I guess #6 is what I experienced.

I was pressured by my ex-pioneer wife to become a MS. The Elders and CO wanted me to get more than the national average in hours, which was around 10 at the time. They went so far as to actually say 13 or more hours for 6 months straight to show that "I'm serious minded about the ministry" and I would probably make MS. I eventually did.

I'm like Blondie also #1, I enjoyed talking to people. I tried to get the message and not the Mag's to the people. I wanted to find people to study with.

Good topic Ozzie Have a nice Day Mate!

CC

• fifi
    fifi

11. To be finished as soon as possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit