Would YOU Have Not Taken Blood When You Were a JW???

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm sure I would NOT have taken blood or given permission to my child if she "needed" it. My, my, how things have changed!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Out of fear of being shunned, yes I would have avoided blood.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

At first ? Yes

Once doubtfull ? would have taken it when necessary.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I wouldn't have taken it and when my 6 month old daughter was bitten by a dog I was involved with the liason elder to stop the hospital from giving her blood!

God I was such a dick...

• Gill
    Gill

No I wouldn't have. I once lost 2.5 litres of blood in a few minutes and survived by the skin of my teeth and skill of two frantic surgeons and a calm anaesthetist. I was awake during a caesarian section and it's quite a shock to find that this is the end and it's touch and go.

Well here I am, still here. The disease implications of blood still worry me but if it was life or death for any of my family I know I would choose life now.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i hemoraged after the birth of one of my children i was alone. my husband was gone somewhere. no witnesses were there because they didnt want to " run into my df'd husband" i lost over half the blood in my body and was in and out of consciousness.. the nurses seen in my file i wouldnt accept blood and they did all they could to help me without blood. i was on my way to get a hysterectomy when the hemocrit shots finally kicked in and i quit hemmorageing. what scared me was i was in no shape to either say " let me die dont give me blood" or " give me blood so i dont die' ..

you never know when you'll be alone and incapaciated .i always thought if you were in a life and death situation in a hospital your " brothers" would be there to help you.

ha

i wouldnt have taken it back then.. and i very well could have died. now.. i'd still be hesitant to take whole blood. seems like the risk of disease is greater than blood components.but i'd not be fanatical anymore. i'd consider it.

• minimus
    minimus

Hey Gill, I thought you were a guy!

• wednesday
    wednesday

I did refuse blood once. I ended up in the intensive care. It took months before my blood count returned to normal. They (hte hospital) treated me like dog poop, sent me home with a very low blood count and barely able to breathe. This was before patients rights, I guess.I was out of my mind.

• glitter
    glitter

It never would have entered my head to accept a blood transfusion.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Embarrasingly, no, I don't think I would have.

We humans really are gluttons for our doom, aren't we?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit