NOW WHAT

by jt stumbler 38 Replies latest jw friends

• defective light
  • Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Maybesbabies, You and I believe alike when it comes to what Jesus said. At Matthew 19:16-17 when a man ask Jesus what he needs to do to get life,Jesus said "If you want to enter life, observe the commandments continually". We know what the commandments are and the two greatest Jesus said were to love God and your neighbor as yourself. So when we see someone in need and we have the means to help them we are obligated to do so.1Corinthians13:13 says "there remain faith,hope and love,these three,but the greatest of these is love".It's not always easy to do this, [for me] because I still have a lot of hate for the Watchtower organization but I don't hate the people trapped in it. Well this is how I feel for now.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Hi JT, I would start by getting rid of the JW NWT. It is a very inaccurate Bible translation that is tainted to 'fit' the JW doctrines. I recommend that you purchase a good Study Bible. I like the "NIV Study Bible" published by Zondervan. I have found that using A Bible Study Outline helps in my studies.

As for what to teach the children - Use a Non-Watchtower published Bible story book. If your children are older, maybe invest in a nice Children's Bible with lots of pictures for them. They could also be taught to use the above Bible Study Outline.

You might also want to check out these web pages:

Jehovah's Witnesses: A Critical Analysis

These two contain many links to important information regarding the Watchtower Society.

NewLight2's Links Page

Johannes Greber's Home Page

NewLight2

• ballistic
    ballistic

Why not accept there are some things we will never know for sure?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**I came to realize much life much like Nina...being a good neighbor with "works"...show them I care. Just being a good person. What a switch from worrying about how much time, literature, return visits or Bible Studies I must turn in each month!!!

**the two greatest Jesus said were to love God and your neighbor as yourself. So when we see someone in need and we have the means to help them we are obligated to do so.

There have been some excellent posts on this---and I just want to add a few thoughts....

The hardest thing IS to slowly shed all those WTS false teachings from your mind and from your heart. As it has been said---it takes TIME. Be patient with yourself.

Knocking yourself out to place literature, go to meetings, etc---is NOT "pleasing Jehovah", but a measuring stick for the WTS to judge you on your obedience to THEM.

Jesus is looking for those who are kind, compassionate, forgiving, loving and eager to help others as the need arises. THIS is what "pleases Jehovah". THIS is what shows the "evidence" that your spirituality is being guided by the principle that Jesus taught and died for.

Don't allow yourself to be sucked in by the "thinking minds" of any WTS literature---which is ALL designed to promote their twisted beliefs, and serves ONLY the WTS!

Wishing you the best as you cleanse yourself from the WTS poison you have ingested...

hugs,
    Annie

• ko38
    ko38

I FELT THE SAME WAY ive only been out for about a month.as all the fine posts here have encouraged you to find peace wiyh yourself i will say it can happen.Read crisus of conscience by Ray Franz ex gb member.Then read in search of christian freedom,his second book.

What it did for me was proove all the falsehoods the jws teach.No doubt in my mind that they only care about promoting that corporation.It didnt make me hate them(close)but it really gave me the assurance that they are just men and there is no divine guidance through them or anyone else for that matter.

If you read those books closely(i read each twice) i think you will start to see that organised religion was not what jesus or true christians ever promoted. i know youre reading coc now,I would read it again and then get the next book.Fight the urge to join another church group,because you will start the cycle over again.

I too had the urge to pray to jesus,but i know at least according to the nt bible that worship belongs to God.And as someone said since no one actually knows the name of God calling him Jehovah is ok.Its as close as we have and i dont think He is going to mind.Im going to have to get some other translations so i can compare.ive read a lot of the changes theyve made to the bible at freeminds.com.

It makes me think about them as being the one talked about (Satan transforms himself into an angel of light)I have a large family (4) kids and i am slowly teaching them the things that ive learned. Its going to take time,but you know what? they are young and there will be plenty of time they are good kids and i dont think i should force or shove anything down their throats.So we will read a little together and talk about real life more.I can see my older ones are relieved already.

Its the holidays i have to figure out next.........What everybody here says is true, once you decide you dont need anyone else for salvation you will feel the weight of stress drop or at least lessen. Good luck to you.(we havent said good luck in a while huh?)

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I do believe that the Creator meant for us to live happy lives. He/She puts a lot of enjoyable things on this planet and if it comes down to, enjoying life, being a good person, helping others, enjoying frienships, being a good neighbor, practising the "golden rule" then maybe that is all the religion I need.

I no longer search for any organized "truth" I do believe I am living my own truth. Life is mean to be lived. You and I are meant to be happy. Find contentment, pray when you want to, and listen to your heart.

I have never wanted to join another church or religion. I think me and the Universe and the creator have a fine relationship.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I felt the same way. I still don't know what to believe. The last chapter in CofC actually helped me a lot.

I am not sure I will ever trust an organized religion again, but I do know I still believe in God. I am just working on a personal relationship with him instead of one that men tell me how to serve him.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Thanks everyone!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit