NOW WHAT

by jt stumbler 38 Replies latest jw friends

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Ok. I'm almost finished with C.C. Really good published evidence against the gb. Now what? I don't think I will become an atheist as many have but where do I go now. How and what do I teach my children? I am so confused, I am losing hope of ever finding the "truth". There are so many teachings and experiences of others on this site. Are all our beliefs like the "wheel with many spokes leading to the middle" as the "society" said we are not? Appreciate your response..

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

"....losing hope of ever finding the truth."

Consider this. Before, the "truth" was fed to you by the organization, you didn't have to search for it, it was all right there packaged neatly in their publications. Now that you know their publications contain false information, why not look to the book that is supposed to have the answers? You can find the Truth on your own. You don't need to go "somewhere" to find it, it is already inside you. To me, Truth is following the very simple tenets that Jesus laid out. He did not have a highly controlling organization to tell early Christians what or how to do something in order to love God. He said, love your neighbor, love your enemy, do unto others, etc. That is the real Truth. Love.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

How about looking deeper into what is Real, as opposed to giving attention to "beliefs"?

To do this first become clear on what is "beliefs". Watch the mind as it weaves various thoughts into interpretations about life.

Now, what is not a belief? What is real? What is silently looking? What embraces all that unfolds before it? Look deeper here. Look deeper into the vibrant sense of conscious Being, that is clearly not a belief or conceptual interpretation.

Step from the mind, and into the moment; into Life and Reality.

Eckhart Tolle's book: The Power of Now, can be very helpful.

Welcome to the forum jt.

j

• kls
    kls

Hi JT i will try to give you my view point the best i can but keep in mind i am sick so i may sound a little nasally. If you believe in God then teach your children of God . You don't need an organization to tell you how to feel or think or how to worship. That is what having a Freemind is all about, using your own feelings and mind as Freewill.You don't need to go anywhere to feel you love God and i don't believe only certain people can understand the Bible because they are Gods mouth piece. Now that you know what the WT really is give yourself time to adjust to your new world and not being told how to live. In time you will find what you are looking for . PS i hope i am making sense but it is hard to think through all these boogies.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

simplify the bible.. Jesus said to love your neighbor. where ever two people are discussing God and his kingdom there he'll be..

try to have the fruits of gods spirit.. love joy peace long suffering etc...

Jesus taught a lot of people.. most people he taught accepted his message and continued on with their normal lives.

be normal, be grateful for things you've been blessed with and try to be a good person . i really dont think its more complicated than that. your in a period of transition so dont expect too much of yourself right now. have faith in God and pray . you may find praying using Jesus as your mediator instead of the faithful and discreet slave as your mediator a lot easier and more productive. ..

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Thanks everyone. I have been praying, but now when I pray I pray to God. I don't use the name "Jehovah" any more. However I was so use to it that its hard. I have read some info that says Jesus deserves our worship. So I have been praying to him. I have to admit it is alittle uncomfortable. Also I think that I have been reading the bible more than ever. Since I have been only given info from the wtbts its hard to deprogram myself when I read certain scriptures. Know what I mean?

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Find your True Self.

This is Truth; your Authentic Self never changes and never lets you down. It is your Universe it is a part of all Life

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

I know what you mean. It's hard to break the old ties. But, the longer you go after "the scales have fallen" from your eyes, the easier it becomes to see. Hang in there, you sound like you are doing just fine!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

How about this: throw that burden on God/Jehovah/Jesus and trust that He/She/They know and understand your confusion and also see your absolute sincerity in wanting to address the Creator properly. I still feel comfortable praying to "Jehovah" and if that is the name of God, great, but that's how I know him.

In my life I have had many names attached to me: Christina (my given name), Nina (my nickname), Mommy, Aunt 'Stina -- to name a few -- and I answer to all of them. I hear the love in the voices as they say those names and it doesn't matter if they're not pronounced properly or if that wasn't the name I was given when I was born. What matters is what they're saying, not how they're saying it.

I think it takes more faith to leave an organization like Jehovah's Witnesses than to stay, because by leaving your really are trusting that God will still look on you kindly and understand your reasons for leaving. When I finally left, after being a Witness my whole 46 years, I walked out of that Kingdom Hall for the last time with the thought that if this was the only way to live forever and I'd be spending forever with these incredibly mean, judgmental people, then screw it. I decided to live every minute of every day savoring the experiences and love around me, and doing what I could to make my corner of the world a little better. And I found people out there of all religious persuasions doing the same thing.

Lots of luck and good wishes in your journey!

Nina

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Welcome JT. I'm glad you're here. I think you're in the right place.

the "truth".

How about A truth, as there are many.

There are so many teachings and experiences of others on this site. Are all our beliefs like the "wheel with many spokes leading to the middle"

This is what I've come to believe. My analagy is a little different: There are many roads that will get you to Chicago. It depends on which one or ones you want to take. Do you want to just take the Freeway and have the thinking done for you, or do you want to take the side roads and enjoy the journey. You'll still get to Chicago, but you might learn something along the way. You may find, after a while, you don't want to go to Chicago after all!

It doesn't matter if you address God, or Jehovah (though I don't use Jehovah anymore) or Jesus, or Tunkashilla (Sioux's name for God). Intent and heart far outweigh formality. For me, the biggest thing is what we DO.

I break down Jesus' 2 laws into 3: Love God above all others (and by extension, all of His creation = don't pollute, don't destroy the earth. etc.) Love your neighbor as you and this one so many forget LOVE YOURSELF.

Take care, and HUGS

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit