Since I don't know a lot of you...

by Tishie 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Hojon
    Hojon

Well, I decided to follow the crowd. :)

I am 29, inactive/out for 10 years but not df's or da'd (that I know of- I didn't leave a forwarding address).

It is a great feeling of freedom when you take your life back, or rather realize that it actually is your life.

My hobbies include auto racing, computers (programming, playing games on, just about anything with them), camping and fly fishing.

Later-

• Simon
    Simon

I'm 33...married to Angharad who's just started posting here too.
    We have two boys, Liam (3) and Dylan (1)...both really cute and they get on great most of the time.
    We've been having a lot of trouble with elders spreading gossip about us recently even though we haven't been to a meeting in ages.
    Most of our family won't talk to us...I don't really miss them that much - the ones that count to me still do so that's all the matters.
    I hate these introduction things!

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Simon,

You do introductions marvelously!

I,however, being one of the older ones (several already know I'm 50), female, and from Southern USA, home of rednecks, have the dubious honor of being the icq witnanny.

I've been a jw for 30 yrs, started looking around, with my husband, after a really expensive raw deal with our body of elders. Found the net, have not left ('bout 4 mos. now) We were only attending Sun. meetings for about a year.

However, since not attending, my husband doesn't get nauseated after each meeting, I'm no longer taking anti-depressants, nor suffering from severe stomach ailments. Go figure. An elder came by to "encourage us" to the meetings, I told him if he'd pay for my Prozac, I'd come back. He just chuckled and left.......

This is a nice place for fence-sitters who haven't made public their decisions on leaving - and don't want to be made to go public. I agree with Path, most have made up their minds. But some people, jw's and apostates want people to be vocal about their decisions. We don't have to here, and most don't care.

Got 4 dogs, 1 no-personality cat, good husband and a great flower garden!

waiting

• Andyman
    Andyman

Hi Tishie;

We met briefly over at the C.A.R.M board a few days ago.

Been out for about 5 years now, my wife about 3 or so. We stopped going to meetings when the hypocrisy and double standards got to much to bear. We went to the C.O. about the problems, got told pretty much that "we" needed to re-adjust our thinking. The elders, especially the P.O. and his wife, took it very personal and we were the target of their "revenge". We stopped going to meetings and haven't went back. Not DA'd, not DF'd.

I am up there with Waiting as one of the "older" ones here at 49, at least I will be 49 next Wednesday. Have a great wife, two kids, a daughter 8 and a son 6.

Not really a fence sitter since eveyone in this small town, JW's that is, know we don't go to the meetings. Even live next door to two elders, it makes their life miserable to see us every day!

Take care.

Andyman:

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hi Tish! See you over at Support4! Nice bunch over there too! I'm the old fart of the crowd here, at 57. Retired and enjoying life doing volunteer work and growing ornamental flowers. Wifey and I have two sons and two daughters naturally and one adopted daughter who has our only grand child.

We live in Israel but make it back to the US usually once a year. Used to teach highschool up in Eureka, Montana and drove through Idaho several times a year on trips to the coast.

I left the WTBTS 43 years ago and was given thee old shunning treatment by entire family. Now most of my nieces and nephews and several inlaws are "out". Never gave any of this much thought until I got on the net two years ago and started checking out H20 and other sites. Each one has its own character and flavor. Don't have much to offer those going through withdrawal problems as things were so different back then and it was a long time ago.

Hope to catch up with you later.

Carmel

• mgm
    mgm

I have a young family and live in Switzerland. I grew up as a witness but was never deeply involved. My wife and me didn't leave yet, since the big part of the family, neighbors and workmates are witness. But the family knows about our doubts.
    We still go to meetings sometimes and I like a lot of the people there, but seldom what I hear from the stage.
    We are somehow "stand bye" right now and waiting for...I don't know..
    I read a lot about "higher critic" of the bible. I wanna know, what is really truth about the bible. So far, I even lost a lot of faith into the bible, don't believe stories like Adam and Eve, Arc ...at least not in the literal way.
    I would like to go to Israel to dig myself for new evidence....

• Kristen
    Kristen

Edited by - Kristen on 1 September 2000 2:42:59

• Simon
    Simon

I was thinking the same thing !
    BTW: Tishie - have you started back at school yet? Hope it's going OK if you have.

• Kismet
    Kismet

I always thought she had a Julia Roberts look to her.

But then again, that's just me.

• somebody
    somebody

Hi Tishie,

I've been here for a litle over a month and I like this board. Great group of people here. Hope you enjoy it too.

I don't mind giving personl information out about myself because I feel free to do so. I'm thankful I don't have to lose family members because I haven't stepped into a KH in 20 yrs.

My real name is Gwen. I've been married forever it seems. I have 2 children. I have a son (Ricky) who will be 19 in October. He is about to enter his 2nd yr. of college. He going to be a pharmacist. I have a daughter ( Joselynn ) sho is 16 and entering her Junior year in high school. She takes all enriched classes and wants to atten Boson University when she graduates and get into the sciences. my children did not get there brains from me. I can't say they got them from their father either. :-) Go figure.

I live on the east coast of the USA, and I'm 37 yers old. OK....so I lied. :-) I'm 39. I've heard that life begins at 40. I'm looking foreward to mine beginning. I'm really going to start living it!

It's nice to meet you.

:-)

somebody

~~~~Just because swans mate for life, I don't think its that big a deal. First of all, if you're a swan, you're probably not going to find a swan that looks much better than the one you've got, so why not mate for life?~~~~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit