MUST you respond in a thread?

by logansrun 27 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

I've come to a new conclusion about myself, this board and communication in general: I don't need to respond, elaborate, explain or otherwise defend myself to other people. Most notably on this board, of course. Here's my reasoning:

1) When an obviously ill-informed or biased poster -- such as a JW apologist, creationist, dogmatic religionist or nutty Republican -- directs their hogwash to me, it is extraordinarily unlikely that my response will change their opinion.

2) It is unlikely that third-party observers really care one way or the other whether I respond, especially if it's the same old shit we see bounced around on this forum on a daily basis -- arguing over the silliest things like whether the flood actually happened, etc.

3) It seems to me that responding/explaining/cajoling to a forum opponent is more a matter of making ourselves (illogically) feel good over the fact that we have some common sense and the other party is a screwball. I just don't feel the need to "prove" that I'm right anymore.

4) Typing up responses takes a lot of time! Why should I waste even fifteen minutes of my precious life trying to convince someone I've never met, and likely never will, of their folly?

Therefore...

5) I choose only to respond to more interesting, philosophically stimulating or novel topics. Or anything having to do with tits.

Bradley

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    When an obviously ill-informed or biased poster -- such as a JW apologist, creationist, dogmatic religionist or nutty Republican -- directs their hogwash to me, it is extraordinarily unlikely that my response will change their opinion.

Logan............."no guts, no glory"

~~~Hill ()

• Bryan
    Bryan
    Why should I waste even fifteen minutes of my precious life trying to convince someone I've never met, and likely never will, of their folly?

With all due respect Logan... Are you sure that at times the folly is not yours?

Bryan

• logansrun
    logansrun

Of course, Bryan. (But rarely!)

B.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

"Or anything having to do with tits."

I haven't seen enough threads like that lately.

Walter

• Tigerman
  • Bryan
    Bryan

lol... at least you still have a grasp on reality.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I have Boobs!

Brooke WI

• minimus
    minimus

What are "tits"?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I have Boobs!