Need wedding inspiration...ideas, anyone?

by maybesbabies 36 Replies latest jw friends

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Let's get on to bigger and better things, show us the ring! Spoken like a true MOMMA!!!! GO Baby!!!!

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Actually, sorry, my ring was very simple. I wanted the HOUSE. Which we got. We didn't have alot of wedding debt. I had a friend in the ORG. who had the big PRINCESS WEDDING and 20,000 in debt after. They are still living in a basement suite. I think it's been 3-4 years later. No thank you! Simple can be beautiful. Then you stand out even more! RIGHT! I mean the bride is the WEDDING!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! LMAO! That's all they have to remember! and the dancing! That's all they ever do, and the food! The bride was so beautiful, the food was so good, I had so much fun dancing! Right! That's all I ever remember. I take my little doyly home and I'm on my way! It's a fond memory! Make sure you get someone to video tape the Wedding. That is one piece of advice I will give you. Photos get messed up, easily. We had our wedding videotaped and it was the best thing we ever did. You are so nervous that it goes so fast and you forget alot, everything. You have to have a permagrin on all day. Enjoy the video after. It's so much fun to watch. Goodluck Princess.

• Xena
    Xena

lol shame on you for starting this thread maybesbabies....now I am hooked on surfing the net looking at wedding stuff

I loved these cakes..how cute are they???

I like different things, can you tell??? I love this one too...

*sigh* don't ya love weddings????

• Valis
    Valis

Speaking of wedding cakes Billygoat had this nice thing at her wedding fro the womenz who were at the reception. There were small trinkets attached to ribbons that were hanging out of the wedding cake...all the ladies went up at the same time around the cake and pulled one of the ribbons out. It seemed like it went over very well and was a small reminder of their wedding for everyone. I'm betting she can give you more info..

SIncerely,

District Overbeer

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

OK, so I'm thinking that lavender is abundant up here, lots of lavender farms on the peninsula. So, perhaps lavender and sage dried bouquets, very aromatic and relaxing, also, spring colors. For the cake, I was thinking of doing a three tiered circular cake, with a light white cake (possibly spongecake), having each layer split and filled with vanilla bean mascarpone filling. I want to frost it with a pure white whipped cream frosting, and top it with fresh, edible spring flowers, using sprigs of mint leaves for each of the "bouqets" on the cake. It will be relatively small, with the middle layer being the size of a regular cake pan, the bottom slightly larger and the top slightly smaller. What do you think? I'm open to recipes! I want to bake up several small versions of different cakes, and have a cake and champagne tasting. Also, hor's d'ouvres (sp?) recipes would be appreciated, as we plan on having an hor's...err, appetizer buffet! :D We can do a tasting with that as well, lol! Anyways, thanks everyone!

• Valis
    Valis
    the bottom slightly larger and the top slightly smaller

never had a problem with that myself...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

booger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest