How old do you feel

by Scorpion 36 Replies latest jw friends

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Ahhh Scorpion,

If I misunderstood your direction to BugEye, I do apologize. Interesting isn't it that a fellow American like me could so easily misinterpret your meaning...how much easier is that for someone from a different country??
    I admit that I am capable of mistaking your intent with your post to BugEye...are you able to admit that you might have misunderstood him?
    Just wondering.

I hate conflict, I have to tell you...but I am glad that EVERYONE on this board is free to express their opinions and that we are not all required to agree with one another. Scorpion, with all due respect, I enjoyed the little test very much. Thank you for posting it for us. And I also appreciated the different perspective of a non-American.

Dana

"A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born."
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

I have dealt with several Bible Students and JWs on the net. One thing a person cannot do over the net is read a persons body language and actually know at times what they mean when they say it. Some conversations or replies can get confused to mean something that was not meant, and in the process taken the wrong way. With the JWs and the BS, they usually take any critical questioning or remarks as an attack against their belief system whether it was meant that way or not. I hope those of us that were in that same boat learned something from that way of thinking.

Yes, I could have misunderstood what Bugeye said in his first reply, but I did not. This does not mean that I am not guilty of taking post the wrong way at times.

Sometimes I read posts not only on this forum, but also other forums I post on and wait an hour or maybe a day before I reply. The reason is so that something like this does not happen.

Take care Dana and thank you for your response.

• BugEye
    BugEye

Here is a laymans translation of this thread!!

Scorpion: Hey everyone, take this test

BugEye: Its interesting, but I dont know the american stuff

Scorpion: Well look it up ya dumb fuck

BugEye: Piss off ya ignorant Yank

Scorpion: You're a smartass

BugEye: Well Bite me shit for brains

Scorpion: C'mere and say that

Waiting: Hey BugEye, lets keep this civilised

Princess: Why does everyone hate yanks?

Waiting: Yeah, why does everyone hate yanks?

At this stage, Safe4Kids is trying to keep the guys apart saying "Grow up guys!" and ExpatBrit is standing on the sidelines yelling "fight fight"

Scorpion: Jeeeeez, this turned to shit real fast

Then BugEye and scorpion meet in the middle, and in their best Brittish accents say

"Jolly good show old chaps!"

Then slap each other on the back laughing.

BugEye and scorpion then head off together to the pub for a beer and leave everyone wondering

"What the fuck just happened?"

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Thanks BugEye, that was fun to read. Maybe someday we can actually meet and have a few beers.

• BugEye
    BugEye

Hey Scorpion, might be able to at that, what state do you live in??

BugEye

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

I live in California, about 20 miles North of the capitol, Sacramento.

Woodland is the name of the city.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey you guys...

Any chance I could get in on this beer drinkin' trip to the local watering hole?? (I could hoist a few diet cokes! )

BugEye, that was funny...Scorpion, you da man.

Dana

"A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born."
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit