New to the forum

by Poztate 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Abigail
    Abigail

hi to all! im a newbie as well! im from the philippines.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Though technically not a newbie, I still consider myself one as I have only recently been able to return here because my computer got one hell of a virus, I've been making up for lost time however.

Though I guess I never properly introduced myself as others so politely have, I guess I'll start here.

I was led here to this site about one year ago, about to return to studying with the witnesses, after being inactive for nearly ten years. I was still awash with the impending doom that would be visited upon me if I didn't return to the KH, field service, personal study and the like. Guilt, fear and trepidation was the stuff of my life as well as feeling that I had commited the unforgivable sin. Going against your bible trained conscience, willful disobedience, not returning to the flock.

After being led here, I was given some pretty disturbing information regarding JW's organization, information that I initially believed to be lies. I was horrified as I went to seek out the sites available, having heard all the talk about apostate sites, apostasy, apostates...I was scared to death,...but I got beyond it, especially when the brother who was coming to study with me, some how miraculously never showed up. I looked inside freeminds.org and was just about nearly floored with the information that was there. Over time I did the bargaining, denial, depression and I forget the other steps that you do when grieving the death of someone you love, or in this case, the death of something you once believed. I was in a spiritual limbo for months after visiting this site, then, somehow, the storm stopped, I was able to get thru, it became necessary to do an investigation regarding my beliefs, Ray Franz CoC was purchased and devoured on an almost daily basis, and after more suffering thru the pain of the WTBTS's past, I , after about a year, was able to get some balance regarding my past belief and taking an objective view of all that I had thought was truth, at least according to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I still suffer thru some of the remorse of things done in my past, I do however have a better footing on how to get above and beyond my life in the truth. I know I'll probably never return to a KH, or serve Jehovah in the way that JW's do, but I'll have to answer to Jehovah for that.

As grace and mercy appears to have been a hallmark in my life, as to my past, although now still troubled, that same grace and mercy that appears to have followed me during even my most darkest of days, still seems to seek me out at these times being out and my fear of being out here in this world alone is nowhere near as disturbing as it was before coming to experience this site, and so many of the wonderful experiences, as well as the all too disturbing ones that so many here have to share.

PhessUP

• Simon
    Simon

Hey Steve2

There is a "Billy Connelly world tour of New Zealand" programme on here at the moment which shows a lot of the country and it's history - it looks a fantastic place. In fact, it's probably where I'd most like to move to after Canada.

... all those orcs and nasguls scare me though

• PinTail
    PinTail

I am new too but I have posted a few times in the past. I read the post all the time, with ouut this site I would lose my mind. Shane

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Come to Canada Simon! We'll teach you how to say EH properly and how to SHOTGUN a Beer! Welcome to all the Newbies, you can come to and join in. My Daddy taught me how to SHOTGUN a beer when I was 14. Actually he dared me and I did it. GO NEWBIES GO!!!!!

• under74
    under74

Hi Shane. Hi Abigail. Hi Junebaby. Hi again puff candy. Hi...prophecor....well, I never did that either but I think most get a feel for me...I guess

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

I miss a lot of newcomers, too.

So.....

WELCOME TO ALL. Hope you stick around and help me learn.

granny linda

• Balsam
    Balsam

Welcome all your newcomers we love to see you here. Don't get discouraged if you start a topic and it seems to be archived too fast. So many posting on here that it happens a lot. We love hearing from you all.

I've been out about 3 1/2 years and was a JW for 30 years. Raised three sons in it, but their out now.

Balsam

• Dansk
    Dansk

Junebaby, puff candy, steve2, Abigail and Prophecor

A GREAT
    BIG WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good idea, Poztate!

Ian & Claire

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Welcome all you NUBILE NEWBIES! heheheh. That's a wierd word ... "newbies." Sounds like something babies wear. <shakes head> I am glad you are here and can't wait to get to know ya better.

Simon... I wanna move to Canada, too! I just lurvs that place.. and the peeps. That's another wierd word.. peeps. <does the chicken dance>

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit