DF'D WITNESS GETS THE BETTER OF DUB

by Mary 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    I s'pose the dub guy would've justified himself by saying that the delivery man was obviously "unworthy"!

In the long run, I would say, yes, that'll be the Judgement........I'm wondering if the Witness, in hindsight, realizes how bad that looks: you won't give someone magazines unless you can report it to the "higher authorities". I'm also wondering if he'll tell any of the Dubs that he works with what happened..........I doubt it. Admitting that Jesus never recorded the no. of hours he preached might make someone stop and (gasp!) THINK!!!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

LOL!!! Your friend is great! I will use that line from now on.

Admitting that Jesus never recorded the no. of hours he preached might make someone stop and (gasp!) THINK!!
    So true. If that don't show ya who they're really serving!

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

Oh man, this is HILARIOUS.......A friend of mine who left the Borg a few years ago and is now DF'd, was making a delivery (he's a truck driver) to a company where they're all Witnesses. He knew they were Dubs, but they had no idea he used to be one. As he was finishing his delivery, one of them says to him "did you know that Jesus did not celebrate his birthday on December 25th?"

Without skipping a beat, Dave (my friend) shot back "Did you know that Jesus never wrote down how many hours he spent preaching every month?" Needless to say, the look on the guys' face was priceless. He was shocked for a moment and then said "well, ya I guess you're right." He naturally then asked if Dave was a Witness. He never let on that he was DF'd but he said "no, but my mother is, but she's not a very good one." The guy then offered him the mags. Dave said "I'll take them if you promise that you won't write it down on your Service Report." The guy REFUSED!! Dave said "So counting hours is more important than preaching eh? Don't you think that GOD knows how many hours you spend preaching??" So when he was leaving, Dave goes "Merry Christmas!"
    There seems to be some good points brought out in this paragraph. Why does one need to account for the time spent serving God? Jehovah will ask for an accounting from the overseers in the congregations. Funds taken from the people should be accounted for down to the last penny.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

As I was getting out of the Witnesses an Elder from another congregation called on me and asked if he could speak to me privately. I said sure, come up to my office. He then asked why I was not following the Bible's clear command to not forsake the gathering of ourselves together by going to the meetings.

I asked him why he did not follow the Bible also. He said what do you mean, I follow the Bible. Well I said, the Bible is quite clear that we should 'greet the brothers with a holy kiss'! When was the last time you did that?

Then I told him to hit the road and don't come back!

Outaservice ( who kissed a few sisters but NO brothers! )

• myself
    myself

Mary, That was soooo funny, thanks for sharing. There again it all goes to show it is nothing more then a human inspired publishing company.

• sandy
    sandy

That is so funny. I will use that one in the future as well. Thanks for sharing.

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Nice post! Thanks!

• Mary
    Mary
    He then asked why I was not following the Bible's clear command to not forsake the gathering of ourselves together by going to the meetings.

Actually, this scripture has NOTHING to do with meeting attendance, since anyone can worship god in the privacy of their own home. It's more likely talking about socializing with each other. The fact that they use this scripture as "proof" that you need to attend ALL the meetings, is about as weak as the scripture in Acts 20 they use to "prove" that all Christians MUST go knocking on doors every week, otherwise, God will kill you at Armageddon.

I asked him why he did not follow the Bible also. He said what do you mean, I follow the Bible. Well I said, the Bible is quite clear that we should 'greet the brothers with a holy kiss'!

ROFLMAO!! You should have also demanded that he wash your feet like Jesus did with his disciples!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Actually, this scripture has NOTHING to do with meeting attendance, since anyone can worship god in the privacy of their own home. It's more likely talking about socializing with each other. The fact that they use this scripture as "proof" that you need to attend ALL the meetings, is about as weak as the scripture in Acts 20 they use to "prove" that all Christians MUST go knocking on doors every week, otherwise, God will kill you at Armageddon.
    A case of "Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story", eh?

• Dansk
    Dansk

to a company where they're all Witnesses.

I bet all the delivery men from wherever hate making deliveries because they know they'll be confronted. And, if they've been there previously, you can just see some JW saying: "Let me see to him. I spoke to him last time and can book a return visit!"

Good post, Mary!

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit