I need three good questions!

by Dansk 54 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

A few more I've used when discussing the blood issue with JWs.

Why can't I save my own blood for a self-transfusion in a later operation? Didn't Jehovah make it for me?

Doesn't your church allow members to accept blood fractions made from stored blood? Why is it okay to use products made from stored blood from other people, but I can't save my own blood?

Who says just because the blood has left my body it is no longer a part of my body? If your hand got cut off in an accident, would you view it as no longer a part of your body or would you get to a hospital as fast as you could to get it sewn back on?

Where in the Bible does it say I have to abstain from my own blood?

Why do JWs take from the blood supply (fractions) but never give back? Isn't this unchristian?

Do you know of a single JW who has donated blood for fractions that your members use?

Does your church have a history of making erroneous medical-religious rulings it has later reversed?

In Matthew 15, Jesus said it is not what goes into your mouth that defiles you. It is what comes out of your mouth that defiles you. Why do you contradict what Jesus said by claiming eating blood defiles us to the point of losing our eternal life?

Don't you think Jesus was fully aware of the Jewish prohibition against the eating of blood having been raised a Jew?

You claim the prohibition against the eating of blood is upheld in Acts 15:29. Why do you avoid quoting the first part of the same chapter which explains WHY the writer is saying to abstain from blood? Read Acts 15:20, 21: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
    21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

Was the law of Moses still in effect for Gentile Christians?

So why does the writer of this book mention Moses?

Isn't it true that the prohibition against blood is not because eating blood is wrong, but that the Gentiles could stumble a Jewish convert?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

The Watchtower teaches that God can no longer deal directly with humans because they are sinful. That is why humans are directed to pray 'in Jesus name'. That being the case, how is it that, in the book of JOB, Satan was able to enter the heavens and converse directly with God? And according to the Watchtower, he was able to continue doing so until 1914. How can God refuse to deal directly with people who sin out of ignorance while continuing to deal directly with Satan?

Walter

• Dansk
    Dansk

If Armageddon is imminent why is the society purchasing more land and investing in new buildings?

Why are there no women on the Governing Body (the faithful and discreet slave are supposed to be equal)?

The 144000 are supposed to be equal but it's the Governing Body which directs things. How can the faithful and discreet slave not living in Brooklyn be equal if they are not allowed to distribute food at the proper time as written in scripture?

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Undercover, I actually got to ask two Elders to show me from the Bible, how they got 607. One of them reached in his briefcase and pulled out the "Reasoning Book" and said "well it says here" and thats as far as he got because I told him I knew what the Reasoning book says but show me from the Bible.He just said "When you joined this organization you agreed to obey the Society's teaching and rambled on and got on another subject about the "Last days".They left and my Daughter comes over the next day and says"I knew yuo woulndn't listen". I told her to ask them to prove from the Bible 607 and they couldn't do it. Then she says"They said you didnn't give them a chance".I tried to tell her they lied but she believed them over me.Her own mother who has never lied to her.

• Pole
    Pole

1) Name one bible prophecy which applies to our times. Explain why you think it applies to our times.

2) Name one bible prophecy which was uniquely understood and preached by JWs and which has been fulfilled in our times.

3) Is it true that at least a few annointed JWs have to remain "available" when Gog of Magog attacks the only true religion on Earth before Armageddon? If so, then what will you say when the FDS disappears and nothing happens? Who will you trust as God's sole channel of communication, should the annointed Christians disappear in the next few years? How will you know who you should trust, if the only "bible-based" intermediary will have been gone by then?

(The last one should make them think in the next few years as they start receiving new light. I mean, they might think "how did an appostate know something that Jehovah only lets his people know after a few years?").

Pole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit